Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Meaning of Tea

User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Louisville

The Meaning of Tea

by Ken Wilson » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:58 pm

A little heads-up for foodies and, uh, teaies: tomorrow, November 16, there will be a showing of the documentary The Meaning of Tea at the NuLu Green Building at 3 PM. The showing is sponsored by Slow Food Bluegrass and Vanguard Cinema. Check it out: http://www.louisvillevanguard.com/
User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

Re: The Meaning of Tea

by Ken Wilson » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:15 pm

Oh, and food and tea from Elmwood Inn will be served and the filmmaker will be there. This should be really good.
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:05 am

Any word on where things stand with the possible Vanguard Cinema opening? I can't remember the details, but my wife and I talked with a guy at the Forecastle Festival in July who said they were trying to raise money to open a theater at Mellwood Arts, where food and drink would be served during movies, etc.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

SheilaB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:49 pm

Louisville

by SheilaB » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:16 pm

I believe they are doing community-based fundraising at this point and hosting events at various locations like the one at the Green Bldg. Gallery
User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Ken Wilson » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:05 pm

The capital-raising goes on, and the goal is still there: Mellwood, two screens, beer, food, and indie, alternative film. Still, fingers crossed, spring or early summer. Can't wait.