Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

PR: Beaujolais Nouveau event at Whole Foods

by Robin Garr » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:56 pm

Beaujolais Nouveau Release Party
Thursday, November 20, 4pm-7pm
Whole Foods Market
4944 Shelbyville Road

Cost: FREE

Whole Foods Market will be toasting the release of the 2008 Beaujolais Nouveau with a free tasting on Thursday, November 20 from 4-7. Enjoy samples of three selections of Nouveau, including a Whole Foods Market exclusive bottled by Georges Duboeuf.

This year’s Nouveau will be available for the first time ever in eco-friendly, light-weight packaging! Complimentary cheese and hors d'oeuvres will be served.

Don’t miss this holiday season tradition!
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

Re: PR: Beaujolais Nouveau event at Whole Foods

by Todd Antz » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:53 am

Note, this is not a slam of Whole Foods, but more of a curiousity factor for me.

Is anyone in the wine drinking community really interested in the Beaujolais Nouveau's anymore. It seems that the interest in these has waned so much over the past several years that I actually quit ordering them. I used to do a Nouveau tasting on that Thursday as well, and the first 2 years it went very well for me, but its gotten to the point that people seem to have no interest in them.

So, what is the general consensus about this style. To me, it seems like something that had a great niche that got blown up in the public's eye, it had its run, and now its sliding back into obscurity. What do other people think?
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:08 am

It is a bit of hype but it is a good product for a very good price. I don't get out too often to these type of events because of our little 3 yr old, but it is fun to drink inexpensive wine and discuss it, along with the conversation that it entails. What other similar event brings together middle class winedrinkers for a fun evening? I will certainly pick up a few bottles of beaujolais for my personal drinking enjoyment or to share with a friend or two.
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:44 am

Todd, I think James pretty much hit the nail on the head: After more than 20 years of annual hype, Nouveau Day has lost a bit of its excitement, but it's still a fun tradition and a good excuse for a late autumn party. I generally enjoy trying a Nouveau or two every year, and particularly if you stay away from the big French brand and some of the industrial American counterparts, the wines can be interesting. I could think of a worse pick with Thanksgiving turkey.