Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

BBQ by the pound

no avatar
User

Jenny H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

BBQ by the pound

by Jenny H » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:58 pm

Anyone have a suggestion for the best place to get BBQ by the pound. I would prefer pork. It is for my son's birthday on Sunday. What I find is about $8.50 per pound. I will need about 6 pounds I think. Any places that would be less than that?
User

Ryane Norris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:11 am

Re: BBQ by the pound

by Ryane Norris » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:06 pm

My favorite place is Jimbo's BBQ which is over by Iroquois Park. I know for sure they sell pulled pork by the pound. I'm not sure how much it is but I do know that it is delicious, as are their sides (especially the banana pudding)! Plus, they bottle and sell their homemade BBQ sauce.
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:07 pm

I have a collection of menus here at the house and it looks like Mark's is $10 per pound and The Frankfort Ave. Beer Depot is $8.49. So that doesn't help. There was a similar thread about a week ago where someone suggested that COSTCO or SAMS sells big (frozen I think) portions of BBQ for less. All you would need to do is thaw & heat.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:40 pm

When I want BBQ by the pound, I always go to Bootleg BBQ way out Bardstown Rd. Here is a link to their menu. http://www.bootlegbbq.net/1675665.html
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.