Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Good news at Le Gallo Rosso!

no avatar
User

Ryane Norris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:11 am

Good news at Le Gallo Rosso!

by Ryane Norris » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:29 am

Hi Everyone!!! First off let me start by introducing myself. My name is Ryane and I've been serving yummy Italian food for Chef Annette at Le Gallo Rosso on and off (depending on my school schedule) since just after she opened her doors in 2006. I read this board often and lately it seems like alot of the news is about restaurants closing or doing poorly because of the economy (etc.) which depresses me to no end! So...I decided to share some positive news about what we have in the works at Le Gallo Rosso.

Recently, Chef Annette took over the whole building in which we are located (1325 Bardstown Rd.) including the Bed and Breakfast portion! That means that Le Gallo Rosso will be serving in the main building (as well as keeping the current dining room). We are in the process of having a bar built for us. I know alot of costumers may have given up on Le Gallo Rosso after the whole wine issue. With the new plans for the restaurant in the works, Annette is jumping through every hop (and wow are there alot) to get her wine license. In the mean time, we've been serving a selection of Italian beers.

Other things that Annette has in works are all inclusive meals for the bed and breakfast, a private chef's table (with a special menu I think), and Sat and Sun brunch. Also, a small Highlands Visitor Center is planning on setting up shop in the foyer of the B&B.

Right now the planned opening for the new and improved Le Gallo Rosso is the first weekend of December. I hope to see some of you guys!!! Annette has really struggled to keep her doors open in the past and I just couldn't be happier that things are now on the up and up!!!!

In the meantime, stop in for some Italian favorites (it's perfect Lasagna weather)and say hello (i'm the only female waitress). And don't forget, we have a live accordionist every weekend!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Good news at Le Gallo Rosso!

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:38 am

That's GREAT news, Ryane! I know a lot of us watched the wine-service meltdown with horrified anger at the snake who messed up a good thing, and it's excellent to know that Gallo Rosso is coming out of it better than ever. All that extra space in that comfortable old house could make for a fantastic restaurant environment, and I can't wait to see it.

Since you work there, could you try to get me an answer to a finicky question that I've wondered about every since it opened? I only speak tourist Italian, but I've always thought it ought to be "Il Gallo Rosso" to make the gender of the article, noun and adjective match ... "Le" makes it seem like a cross between Italian and French. Maybe that's what Annette intended?
no avatar
User

Ryane Norris

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ryane Norris » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:40 am

i've wondered that myself!!! I'll ask Annette when I work on Friday!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:56 am

Ryane Norris wrote:i've wondered that myself!!! I'll ask Annette when I work on Friday!

Thanks! I'm really eager to find out. :)
no avatar
User

amanda c

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:20 am

by amanda c » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Congratulations, that is great and encouraging news! We always love eating at Le Gallo Rosso. Sounds like it's time to make another trip that way.
no avatar
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:27 pm

I've been cutting back on restaurant trips lately, but I have to say I'm very excited about this expansion, and I will make it a point to check it out once it's rolled out.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

Patrick McB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:18 am

by Patrick McB » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:00 pm

I am not sure how many of the changes will be in place the first Wednesday of December (Decmeber 3) but it might be a good night to stop by as Le Gallo Rosso is one of the many local restaurants participating in the Dine Out for Life event which benefits the local House of Ruth.
no avatar
User

Ryane Norris

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ryane Norris » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:24 pm

Ok, I asked Annette about why it's Le Gallo Rosso and not Il and she wasn't really sure how they came up with Le so we decided to blame it on poetic license.
no avatar
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:30 am

My birthday is on November 29, and since luckily my family is doing its Thanksgiving that day, I now have the perfect excuse to go out to Le Gallo Rosso in early December to celebrate. :)
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

Ryane Norris

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ryane Norris » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:19 pm

I just wanted to quickly update letting everyone know that Le Gallo Rosso will be postponing the grand opening (originally scheduled for this weekend) of it's expansion for now. There are just a few more things we need to get squared away (permits etc.) before the new space is ready to serve the public!

However, in place of the grand opening we will previewing the new dining space. We are also participating in Bardstown Road Aglow and will be serving hor'dourves Saturday night for anyone who stops in!

Also, we've created a website. Legallorosso.com

And last, don't forget to go out and support the Dine Out for Life charity event at one of the participating restaurants tonight!!! Proceeds go to the House of Ruth...a really great cause!
Last edited by Ryane Norris on Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:55 pm

Looking forward to stopping by Sat. Our older daughter loves the place. She thought we would like it since we liked Melillo's so much.
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:33 am

There should be tons of activity at Le Gallo Rosso as well as on Bardstown and Baxter that night for the 23 Bardstown Road Aglow! Over 65 shops, boutiques, bars and eateries are participating and are hosting an "Open House". I assist in organizing the event as well as promoting.