Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

No changes at Limestone ... rumor debunked

by Mark R. » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Has anyone heard anything about major changes at Limestone? My wife overheard a conversation while she was eating lunch today between two gentlemen were discussing them. Supposedly they are now only going to be open for lunch on Friday and Saturday and on Monday evening only the bar will be open, not the restaurant. Also they supposedly have a different chef and owner either in place or in the works. They were some other items also but these were the major ones.

My guess is that they are untrue or someone would have already brought this up for discussion here. :roll:
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Steve Cecil

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Oldham County

Re: Changes at Limestone?

by Steve Cecil » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:10 am

Aren't Friday and Saturday the busiest nights? That doesn't make any sense to me.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:17 am

I may have been a little unclear in my post. Presently they're open Monday through Friday from lunch and this is supposedly going to be changed to just Friday and Saturday. Dinner will be Tuesday through Saturday instead of Monday through Saturday.

no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 am

I think Mark means that the only days they will be open for lunch are Friday and Saturday, or looking at it the other way, there will be no lunch service Sun - Thurs. At least that's the way I read it.
no avatar
User

Steve Cecil

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Oldham County

by Steve Cecil » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:40 am

Thanks to both of you for clearing that up for me. Hulk late night brain not work so well.
no avatar
User

Perry Parrent

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:13 pm

Bardstown, KY

by Perry Parrent » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:19 am

No Monday Grill Night or Sunday Brunch? Those are my favorite times to go.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:27 am

You're reading more into my posting than I posted. She heard nothing in I mentioned nothing about possible changes to the brunch.

no avatar
User

Jim Gerhardt

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:19 pm

by Jim Gerhardt » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:18 pm

I am not one who usually responds to gossip but this concerns our business and I am compeled to clear the air.
Change is the only constant I think we can all agree will not change in our industry.

Our hours of operation are not changing either.

I think what the original post overheard was a negociation for a Christmas party lunch here at the restaurant.
We suggested to our guests that Saturday or Sunday are good days to schedule a lunch event with us because our lunches Monday through Friday are well attended. The same holds true for dinner.
We are keeping the brunch to. Look for champagne to be added after 1pm in 2009.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who support these events. We very much appreciate it.
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:32 pm

Whew! :D
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:16 pm

Jim Gerhardt wrote:I am not one who usually responds to gossip but this concerns our business and I am compeled to clear the air.
Change is the only constant I think we can all agree will not change in our industry.

I think what the original post overheard was a negociation for a Christmas party lunch here at the restaurant.
We suggested to our guests that Saturday or Sunday are good days to schedule a lunch event with us because our lunches Monday through Friday are well attended. The same holds true for dinner.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who support these events. We very much appreciate it.

Jim, I for one appreciate the clarifications. Glad things are staying the same.....Love the Sunday Brunch
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:02 pm

The heart and soul of Louisville hospitality lies in Limestone, any loss of business to them would be a terrific wound to the scene. Like ripping out the soul of who we are as a culture!

(I know this to be true)
Last edited by Stephen D on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

David Lange

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 am

Louisville

by David Lange » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:46 pm

It only goes to show how unfounded rumors can spread and inflict potential damage to a restaurant. It is certainly better to not say it and be safe than to say it and be sorry. Restaurants are already in a unstable enviroment right now and they certainly don't need unfounded rumors to be spread on a public forum. Be smart and make sure before you say anything hurtful.
David Lange
" Life's too short to drink bad coffee"
no avatar
User

Perry Parrent

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:13 pm

Bardstown, KY

by Perry Parrent » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:02 pm

I second Gayle's Whew!
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:48 pm

Jim,
Thanks for responding and I'm definitely glad the rumors my wife heard were not true. I only posted the mundane part of the rumors she heard because the other portions were much more damaging. I'm glad you joined HotBytes to quell the rumor so quickly. The reason I posted it was to get it out in the open and hopefully prove it incorrect.

Hope you become an active member here and provide us some of your insight to the industry!

PS: you have a PM from me regarding the rest of the rumor.

no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:05 am

Jim Gerhardt wrote:I am not one who usually responds to gossip but this concerns our business and I am compeled to clear the air.

Sorry to bring this back to the top of the list for perhaps some unwanted attention, but I've been traveling and just saw it. I'm pleased, as are others, that there are no changes forthcoming at Limestone. Jim, you're one of my favorite Louisville chefs and a great citizen, and I appreciate your candor in jumping in here. It's a slippery slope when discussing these issues on the board, and I hope we are all judicious in our postings when they may possibly damage a restaurant or chef's future.