Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

Sage Restaurant in St. Matthews

by Heather Y » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:20 pm

Went to Sage Indian Restaurant and Bar tonight for dinner.

The parking lot was full, but the restaurant was empty but for two other tables besides ours. I am guessing that Havana Rumba, and Del Frisco's were busy!

Their menu is huge, but I found that the dish explanations were very helpful. The English of the staff was difficult to understand at times, but everyone was friendly, and as Robin stated in his review.. the greetings were formal. It turns out the owners of this establishment live within walking distance of our house!

Anyway, we had bypassed the appetizer list and headed for the "breads". We'd chosen the spinach Naan, and the Keema Nan (ground lamb).
Both arrived in one basket each were keeping each other incredibly warm, and they tasted as if they had just come out of the tandoor.
soft and crispy at the same time, while both enveloping warm savory flavors of meat, veg, and spice.

The hubs ordered chicken Chili, tandoor chicken chunks, with green pepper, onion in a creamy sauce red sauce, chicken was tender, and the "med spice" was evident. Yum

I ordered the Matter Paneer, (paneer is cheese without rennet, which deems it vegetarian, so if anyone if tired of Tofu.. you can buy paneer from Shalimar grocery on Hurstbourne) cheese and creamy spinach. The spinach had a taste of nutmeg in one bite, and cilantro in another,
making it very flavorful.

I thought the food was good, and will return in the near future to try some of their other dishes, their are still many to encounter.

Recommendation: Prices are reasonable, and food is tasty, I say go for it.!