Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Restaurant Suggestions

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Restaurant Suggestions

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Steve Cecil wrote:I second this one. The mutton is some of the best I've had in town. Try the deep fried corn on the cob too.

I'll go along with that! The mutton is some of the onliest in town, too ... other than Bootleg in Fern Creek, can you (or anybody) think of any other Louisville source for this Western Kentucky treat, Steve?
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:24 pm

The only place I can ever remember getting mutton at was the old Hickory House on Taylorsville Rd at Bardstown Rd (I think there's an Applebes there now.)
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

NDDuncan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:24 pm

by NDDuncan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:08 pm

:D
ND, you might want to throttle down the advertising just a tad ... we kind of have a cultural bias against going overboard with that around here ...

Sorry - I should have said "Excuse the shameless plug" :? I mean, that's what everbody else
says when they "give their business a boost". I'm in the restaurant business, too - my job is to
promote them on TV - and yes, I recommend and patronize a lot of restaurants to people
that aren't on the show. I really didn't know it was offending anyone. It won't happen again... :)
Nancy Duncan
no avatar
User

Steve Cecil

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Oldham County

by Steve Cecil » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:22 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Steve Cecil wrote:I second this one. The mutton is some of the best I've had in town. Try the deep fried corn on the cob too.

I'll go along with that! The mutton is some of the onliest in town, too ... other than Bootleg in Fern Creek, can you (or anybody) think of any other Louisville source for this Western Kentucky treat, Steve?

Other than Bootleg, the only other place I've had mutton in the Louisville Metro area is from my backyard smoker (which I am partial to). But Ole Hickory Pit does the hard work for me, plus all the savings in beer costs from not having to attend the smoker for 8 hours, gives them bonus points in my book... :D
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:27 am

Glad to see Bootleg BBQ brought up. Doogy's FAVE bbq joint in da Ville. Now, I HAVE to get back to my chili. It is burbling away.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
Previous