Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

PR: Cassoulet dinner Nov. 14 at Holly Hill Inn

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:04 pm

This is short notice, but I know a lot of folks here love cassoulet, a dish that's not always easy to find in Louisville. For cassoulet-lovers, this ought to be well-worth the hour's drive to Midway.

Cassoulet Dinner at Holly Hill Inn
Midway, November 14

Who: Holly Hill Inn owner and Chef Ouita Michel
What: Cassoulet Dinner
Where: Holly Hill Inn, 426 North Winter Street, Midway, KY
When: 7 p.m. Friday, November 14

Transport yourself to the southwestern French countryside with a dinner of cassoulet, the region's hearty specialty, at the Holly Hill Inn, November 14.

Cassoulet is a specialty of many communities in Southern France and is especially loved in the Languedoc region. It is an ancient recipe probably brought to France well before the Middle Ages. Chef Ouita Michel's version is as traditional as possible, using white beans, confit of goose, fresh-cured local pork, local lamb and garlic sausage.

"We will celebrate the cassoulet by cracking the crust in the dining room," Chef Ouita said.

Cassoulet celebrations traditionally begin with oysters on the half shell and a glass of champagne. Oysters and champagne will be offered a la carte as an option for those wanting the full experience.

The menu:

- Capriole Goat Cheese Bites, in pastry
- Local lettuces salad with Dijon vinaigrette
- Cassoulet or vegetarian cassoulet
- Evans Orchard apple tarte Tatin

Sommelier Chris Michel will be offering French wines from the Languedoc region by the glass and bottle; wine flights will be available. Tasting notes will be provided by Steve Mancuso, Holly Hill Wine Guildmaster.

Cost is $25 a person plus tax and gratuity, excluding wine. Call Donna at the Holly Hill Inn for reservations, (859) 846-4732.

Holly Hill Inn is at 426 North Winter Street in historic Midway. Exit 65 off I-64, minutes from Lexington, Frankfort and Versailles.

Dinner: 5:30-10 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday
Brunch: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Weekday lunch: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday-Friday, through December

For menus, events and more information, visit http://www.hollyhillinn.com
no avatar
User

Joel H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:33 am

Re: PR: Cassoulet dinner Nov. 14 at Holly Hill Inn

by Joel H » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:13 pm

I have plans to eat at Holly Hill on Friday at lunch, so while this news is cool, it kinda sucks for me! Oh well.