Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Latino wine dinners continue @ Highlands Seviche

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:17 pm

Happily, the monthly Latino wine dinners that had been going on at the Goose Creek Seviche will continue at the Bardstown Road Seviche. This next event on Nov. 19, featuring Argentina, looks GREAT!

(If I'd been the sommelier, I think I would have shot for an all-Argentine wine list, but hey ... these look like good picks, too ... )

Gusto Latino! - Argentina

Please join us at Seviche - Bardstown Road on Wednesday, November 19th when Chef Anthony Lamas offers his sixth wine dinner of a very special series inspired by the culinary traditions of the 27 different Latin American Countries. Each dinner focuses on a different country and is paired with unique wines from around the world.

Our November 19th dinner will highlight the traditions of Argentina and David DuBou of Vintner Select will be the wine guide for the evening.

Reception:

Domaine Menard 2007 Colombard-Sauvignon Côtes de Gascogne, France

Dinner:
“Argentinean Style Empanadas” – Baked Pastries with Free Range Chicken, Carrots, and Onions and Lemon-Oregano Chimichurri
Coriole 2005 Semillon-Sauvignon Blanc, South Australia

“Fideo” – Angel Hair Pasta with Chorizo and Roasted Tomato Garlic Marinara
Colonia Las Liebres 2007 Bonarda, Mendoza, Argentina

“La Parrilla y Mollegas” –Grilled Flat Iron Steak and Crispy Sweet Breads with
Traditional Chimichurri and Papas Fritas
Tierra Divina 2006 "Old Vine" Malbec, Valle de Uco, Mendoza, Argentina

“Alfajores” – Shortbread with Dulce de Leche and Wild Berries
Grand Maison 2006 Monbazillac “Cuvée des Anges”, France

7:00pm – Reception 7:30pm – Dinner
$55.00 per person - Limited Seating
(plus tax & gratuity)

For reservations, please call 502.473.8560
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Latino wine dinners continue @ Highlands Seviche

by Adrian Baldwin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:39 pm

Has there been, or will there ever be one of these that features Ecuador......or do they even have much of a wine industry? You always hear about Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, ect.........but, Ecuador is kind of the 'forgotten' country compared to it's neighbors. Not just with wine, but everything else too it seems...

I know my wife (from Ecuador) would love that! :)
no avatar
User

Jeremy Coker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:09 am

by Jeremy Coker » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:58 pm

These dinners are great. My wife and I went with to the Colombian dinner last month (with 2 Colombians!) and the food was outstanding and paired beautifully with the wine. It was the first time I experienced a wine and food pairing and it was amazing the way the flavors of the wine and food were enhanced by the pairing.
To kind of answer Adrian's question...
The food is influenced by the a Latin American country but the wines are from anywhere...
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:58 pm

^ I see, thanks.

If that's the case, ANTHONY, hook up an Ecuador night! Makes sense, as Ecuador is one of the countries that most prominantly features 'Seviche'!
no avatar
User

David DuBou

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:23 pm

by David DuBou » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:26 am

The wine dinner series will feature all 27 latino nations...so there will be a dinner that celebrates the culinary traditions of Ecuador
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Hey Adrian! Your wish is my command. Our next dinner in Jan. will feature Ecuador. You are right, Ecuador does some vey interesting seviches. The serve them with popcorn and roasted veggies.

as always buen provecho y muchas gracias!