Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Jennica's Closing

no avatar
User

MichelleJ

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:47 am

Highlands

Jennica's Closing

by MichelleJ » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:16 am

I got a tip from a Consuming Louisville reader that Jennica's is closing. I checked it out and found it to be true.

This month is going to be a celebration of Jenicca's Favorites!!! This is our last month of business and we have invited all the musicians that have played here, all the artists that have shown here and all the customers that have become our family. We want everyone to come in and enjoy Jenicca's and pass this information along to people that you know that might want to come in one last time.
Consuming Louisville
very good things to do, buy & eat in the River City

http://www.consuminglouisville.com
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Re: Jennica's Closing

by Brad Keeton » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:16 am

That's so disappointing to hear.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Joel H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:33 am

by Joel H » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:27 am

I still haven't been there yet despite working not very far away. Hopefully I can make it in before they close.
no avatar
User

Scott_Shreffler

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:05 pm

by Scott_Shreffler » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:57 am

I stopped by last night to see the girls and they are indeed closing at the end of November. Sad news, but we all have a whole month to help them go out with a bang. If you have never been there, make some time in the next 30 days to go see them and wish them well. They will be missed. Cheers all.
Life is too short to drink cheap beer.
-Hunter S. Thompson
no avatar
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

by Matthew Landan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:13 pm

zOMG - that sucks.
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
no avatar
User

Steve Cecil

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Oldham County

by Steve Cecil » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:47 pm

Looks like East Market is starting to crumble... :(
no avatar
User

Ryane Norris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:11 am

by Ryane Norris » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:24 pm

this is truly sad news!!!! jennica's is one of my favorite places in town!!! i'll be stopping by tonight to show some love during the trolley hop.
no avatar
User

SheilaB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:49 pm

Louisville

by SheilaB » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm

Wow, so so so sad! Jennica's is a wonderful place.

I too plan to stop by tonight during the trolley hop.
no avatar
User

christopher stockton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:23 pm

by christopher stockton » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:02 pm

WOW! what a loss. I wish I could do the hop tonight too. I'll have lunch there this week and say goodbye to the ladies.

Good luck Jen and Becca. We will miss you.
"It's crazy good sandwiches"
no avatar
User

K H Kramer

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:27 pm

by K H Kramer » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Steve Cecil wrote:Looks like East Market is starting to crumble... :(

Don't worry.....Louisville's unique and cool East Market will soon be replaced by Cordish's Center City development with national chains galore. Can't wait. :(
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:58 pm

We are not a member.. ... but.... I wonder if the KRA (Kentucky Restaurant Association) or even LIBA which we ARE a member of can somehow step into the Mayor's office, and give them an update as to the loss of Independent restaurant business that is taking place along that corridor.

I know that the city wants to encourage small business growth, but I think the issue of retention also needs to be addressed.

Stacey, Summer, Thoughts?
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:03 pm

The housing that was supposed to be built along east Main and Market got mired in the mess we see today in our country. Too bad some of these places couldn't hold out until the country got back on the right track again. My fave place in the Ville, Primo, took the hit as well. :(

Let us all hope and pray (if that is your desire) that our new president can turn this great union around.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Claudia D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:10 pm

by Claudia D » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:59 pm

Truely sad :( ! As a small business owner and especially new to the Market St. scene we are truely saden by this loss.
we wish everyone well and hope the future brings great and new things to all. I think now more than ever, is the time to support the local business.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:32 pm

Heather Y wrote:

We are not a member.. ... but.... I wonder if the KRA (Kentucky Restaurant Association) or even LIBA which we ARE a member of can somehow step into the Mayor's office, and give them an update as to the loss of Independent restaurant business that is taking place along that corridor.

I know that the city wants to encourage small business growth, but I think the issue of retention also needs to be addressed.

Stacey, Summer, Thoughts?

I'll bet the mayor's office would prefer a Chedders, Hard Luck Cafe, or TGI Fridays. Just look at the waterfront and 4th Street Live. I've not seen a great deal of support for independents from city government.
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:44 pm

K H Kramer wrote:

Don't worry.....Louisville's unique and cool East Market will soon be replaced by Cordish's Center City development with national chains galore. Can't wait. :(

Thanks for using the 2 words that can best ruin my weekend.

The problems I have with Center City are too damn numerous to count, but one of the most glaring issues (asides from the national chain one) is that such "megaplexes" are used to define urban areas as "destinations" and not "neighborhoods." They are big, gaudy, expensive, and, honestly, a place I'd go only on occasion (if I were motivated to go). The best entertainment spots in Louisville work well because they feel organically connected to the areas in which they are found.

I'm not sure who posted about the slow development of the housing in that area, but that's a really important point. Hard to create a "neighborhood" feel w/o neighbors.

Side rant: I especially like when Cordish supporters use the Baltimore Inner Harbor as support for way such creations are good ideas. That place is all eye-candy and lacks anything of substance. Really an epic failure all the way around.
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
Next