Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Eliza W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm

Indian Hills

Louisville Originals - What Does "Morning" Mean

by Eliza W » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:20 pm

I received an e-mail saying that gift certificates go on sale in the morning. What does that mean? Is is 7 am, or are we talking 9-ish?
I'd love to take advantage, but with young kids, I have to plan when I'll have time to go online.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Louisville Originals - What Does "Morning" Mean

by Doogy R » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:24 pm

Eliza W wrote:I received an e-mail saying that gift certificates go on sale in the morning. What does that mean? Is is 7 am, or are we talking 9-ish?
I'd love to take advantage, but with young kids, I have to plan when I'll have time to go online.

To me, morning is the period of time between midnight and noon. Afternoon would be from noon to 6pm and the evening would be after 6pm to midnight. I am sure others will offer their thoughts. Some may say that from midnight to 6am is nighttime and would be correct. Some say those hours are the wee hours of the morning. So go figure. My best guess in this case would be 6 or 7 am.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:34 pm

Eliza, Louisville Originals often puts those coupons up pretty early. I'd start checking around 7 a.m. and keep checking until they appear. If we're lucky, someone from L.O. will check in here with more specifics.

Doogy, please don't post while intoxicated ... :twisted:
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:50 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Eliza, Louisville Originals often puts those coupons up pretty early. I'd start checking around 7 a.m. and keep checking until they appear. If we're lucky, someone from L.O. will check in here with more specifics.

Doogy, please don't post while intoxicated ... :twisted:

As I stated, my best guess in this case would be 6 or 7 am. Seems you agree. You also assume a great deal.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:41 pm

Doogy R wrote: You also assume a great deal.

If you made that post sober, Doogy, you're sending my imagination out on even greater flights of fancy ... :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:53 pm

I've got to disagree with Doogy. I'd say from midnight to 6am is night time, 6am to 7am is too damn early, 7am to 9am is morning, 9am to noon is mid morning, noon to 3pm is afternoon, 3pm to 5pm is late afternoon, 5pm to 7pm is early evening, 7pm to 10 pm is evening, 10pm to midnight is late night.
Last edited by Brian Curl on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:59 pm

Brian Curl wrote:I've to disagree with Doogy. I'd say from midnight to 6am is night time, 6am to 7am is too damn early, 7am to 9am is morning, 9am to noon is mid morning, noon to 3pm is afternoon, 3pm to 5pm is late afternoon, 5pm to 7pm is early evening, 7pm to 10 pm is evening, 10pm to midnight is late night.

I can agree with that. You just delineate it more than I. Good job. But what is Eliza really asking?
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:02 pm

But what is Eliza really asking?

I'm not really sure but I think it's something she could have figured out on her own. :lol: