Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Five Guys Burgers and Fries - New Albany

by Steve P » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:58 am

All,

On a recent trip to Chattanooga some friends of ours treated us to lunch at a place called "Five Guys Burger and Fries". Talk about an AWESOME burger, Becky and I came away raving about the flavor of what I'll call their "beer joint" style burgers (don't ask me exactly what that is...you either get it or you don't). Their fresh cut fries were a perfect compliment to the burger. This is burgerdom at it's finest (Zaget rated and voted Washington DC's best burger for 7 years). Those of you who (like me) crave a good greasy cheesburger on occasion and can get beyond the fact that...yes...this is a chain will be pleased to know that a "Five Guys" will soon be opening on State St. In New Albany.

http://www.fiveguys.com/
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Re: Five Guys Burgers and Fries - New Albany

by Gayle DeM » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 am

Love the new picture, Steve! :D
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:41 am

Gayle DeM wrote:Love the new picture, Steve! :D

Gayle,

Once someone pointed out to me the perils of having ones actual name and photo on a public forum I decided it might be best to assume some form of a semi-incognito identity.
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:08 pm

I've always enjoyed these when I've found them across the country when I used to travel for my old job. Very simple menu, but excellent quality and service.
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:52 pm

Steve P wrote:
Gayle DeM wrote:Love the new picture, Steve! :D

Gayle,

Once someone pointed out to me the perils of having ones actual name and photo on a public forum I decided it might be best to assume some form of a semi-incognito identity.

Steve, there's a lot of paranoia around, but I would note that this forum has had a policy of real names since the beginning. First name and last initial is okay, but I hope you're not saying that your real name is not "Steve P." We do operate on the honor system about that, and it pays off in a civil online community.

I have yet to hear any stories of anyone in this forum having any kind of problem with that.

I hope you don't feel I'm picking on you by using your post as the topic for a sermon, but I do think this is important, and didn't want to let an urban legend about the perils of non-anonymity stand without challenge. :)
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:09 pm

I think it's kind of silly, anyone could use a fake name and no one would know. Especially if there isn't verification. But just a little research would lead one to believe that Steve is real. I would deduce that maybe that is not his pic or that he was referring to his face being hidden in the pic because of the hat. I would also deduce that I am not Bart Simpson :lol:

* Report this post

Lets Talk Fitness Clubs

Postby Steve P on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:44 pm
All,

We're only a couple of months away from relocating to L'vlle and need I say we can't wait. I've spent more time than I care to admit perusing this and other forums and want to thank you all for making us feel like a couple of kids waiting for Christmas. We are both very anxious to get settled in and learn more about your wonderful city.

So can we talk Fitness Clubs ? We're probably looking to settle down somewhere in the J-town/Hurstbourne/Prospect/western Oldham area. Are there any fitness clubs any of you would recommend ? We're looking more for a full service club rather than we are one of those smallish places that have been opening in all the strip plazas. Someplace with a pool/aerobic classes/weights, perhaps a walking track. The ideal place would be somewhere a couple of 40-somethings who are fighting the effects of too many late nights and too many good meals could be comfortable. <BG>

As always we appreciate your advice and remarks.

Thank you,

Steve and Becky Pearson
Steve P
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:14 pm

Steve, there's a lot of paranoia around

Paranoia is pretty rare among the general population, There is a lot of it in mental hospitals though.

Or were you being facetious Robin? :lol:
no avatar
User

Michele Melillo-Clem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:26 am

East Market Street

by Michele Melillo-Clem » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:54 pm

I ate at a Five Guys Burgers and Fries in Panama City in August. I wished while I was eating that there was one of these places in Louisville. I'm glad I don't have to travel to Florida for what i think is one of the best burgers I've ever had that I didn't fix myself.
It's the hand of the cook that expresses the heart.

Michele Melillo-Clem
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:32 pm

My mom and dad live in FL 6 months out of the year, and they were just discussing how good this place is, last night! Can't wait to give it a try!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:37 pm

Brian Curl wrote:I think it's kind of silly, anyone could use a fake name and no one would know. Especially if there isn't verification.

Brian, let's be blunt: I used the term "Honor System." I think most of us here know what that means. Sure, somebody could shine us on. But they wouldn't be a very good member of our community if they did, and I doubt they'd get involved in our real-world activities and continue faking us out for very long.

Frankly, if someone has the lack of couth to pull something like that, I view it as their problem, not mine, as long as we don't have a board cluttered with Darth Vaders and Masked Avengers and high-schoolish stuff like that. <shrug>
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:03 pm

as long as we don't have a board cluttered with Darth Vaders and Masked Avengers and high-schoolish stuff like that

I figured out pretty quickly Steve didn't fit that profile buy two clicks, his profile and his posts.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Brian, I'm not going to enter into an extended discussion of forum policy, but I was not scolding Steve. I was referring to the urban legend about the danger involved in posting your real name on a forum. I addressed the crowd because I don't want that kind of stuff running loose and scaring people, and to emphasize that this forum's policy is not going to change. No need to reply ... as I said, this isn't open for debate.

Brian Curl wrote:as long as we don't have a board cluttered with Darth Vaders and Masked Avengers and high-schoolish stuff like that

I figured out pretty quickly Steve didn't fit that profile buy two clicks, his profile and his posts.
no avatar
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:19 pm

There's a Five Guys in Nashville. We had every intention of making it in and never did. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to try it when they open in New Albany. Thanks for the head's-up!
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:30 pm

I was referring to the urban legend about the danger involved in posting your real name on a forum

You can find out a lot of info on a person on the net these days. In less than 20 secs I found where you live, the size of your house, when you bought it, how much you paid for it, who you bought it from, the tax value now, who your mortgage is with and what your current property taxes are.

Oh by the way can I change my screen name to "Brian C" :lol:
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Will the real Steve P please stand up <UN-Palin-like Wink> Actually my 24 y.o. grad school daughter...who is MUCH more savvy than her father (and seems to know EVERYTHING) counseled me at length about the perils of the internet. I assured her that I would take the proper precautions to safeguard my privacy. The picture ?....Ahhhh that's -really- Gary Rossington from Lynyrd Skynyrd, a band from way back in the days before listening to music gave you a barely controllable urge to slit your wrists (ooops...sorry, that kinda slipped out).

ANYWAY...back to Burgers. There appears to be some support for my contention that these are really good burgers served up by "Five Guys". While I will admit that I have NO idea where the money goes after it leaves the cash register (i.e. it's a chain) I do think this will be a nice addition to an already wonderful selection of "lunch time" dining options.

The REAL Steve P
Next