Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Who Will Bring Us Food??

User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Who Will Bring Us Food??

by Kim H » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:27 pm

It's the last day of our vacation (waaa), and I don't feel like cooking. I also don't feel like going anywhere. I could make the hubby run out, but I don't think he feels like going anywhere either. So I'm thinking about delivery, but the only obvious things I can think of are pizza places. Are there restaurants who deliver other types of food? We're in the east end, kind of in-between the Summit and Holiday Manor. Any ideas?
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

Re: Who Will Bring Us Food??

by Stephen D » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:46 am

Takeout Taxi 412.7700 or takeouttaxi.com delivers for many restaurants...
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Stephen D wrote:Takeout Taxi 412.7700 or takeouttaxi.com delivers for many restaurants...

That's great to know, especially for days like yesterday! The convenience sure can tally up, though. But maybe some days, it would be worth it to have Indian food delivered to our door!

BTW - we ended up ordering from Boombozz. Haven't ordered pizza in quite a while, but it was great. We took advantage of the 'side-by-side', the ability to choose a half-and-half pizza with 2 pizza choices, and the Meditrranean salad. Got the Tuscan Chicken and the Quatro on thin, which were both great, and the crust was done perfectly. The salad was also wonderful, and we had enough variety and flavor to make us quite happy!
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:32 pm

Stephen D wrote:Takeout Taxi 412.7700 or takeouttaxi.com delivers for many restaurants...

What is the cost of this service?
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Doogy R wrote:

What is the cost of this service?

5.99 + 9%. For orders over $40 15% gratuity is included. It seems the drivers operate kinda like mobile wait staff. There's a nice selection of restaurants. Some local, some chains:

Oriental House, BJ's, Shane's, Spaghetti Shop, Buca, Ca Pizza Kitch, Bristol, Big Time BBQ, Bazo's, Yang Kee, BD Mongolian, Shiraz, Jade Palace, Kingfish, and others...
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:16 pm

Wow, at that rate, by my computation, a 40 dollar order will cost $57.65. That is a 40% markup. I don't know about anyone else here, but to me that is extravagant.
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:25 pm

Doogy R wrote:Wow, at that rate, by my computation, a 40 dollar order will cost $57.65. That is a 40% markup. I don't know about anyone else here, but to me that is extravagant.

Ahhh... but on the last day of a vacation? Worth it! Or an office party/ expense account situation? Also worth it! How bout Sunday Football supper when the friends have all had too much to drink? Works here too!

It's just an option... :wink:
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:29 pm

Stephen D wrote:
Doogy R wrote:Wow, at that rate, by my computation, a 40 dollar order will cost $57.65. That is a 40% markup. I don't know about anyone else here, but to me that is extravagant.

Ahhh... but on the last day of a vacation? Worth it! Or an office party/ expense account situation? Also worth it! How bout Sunday Football supper when the friends have all had too much to drink? Works here too!

It's just an option... :wink:

To each their own. At this moment in my existence, that seems over the top. I am glad you can afford that luxury. :)
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:52 pm

Not really, at a $40.00 order if you tipped 20% you would actually pay $48.00 so you're actually paying $9.65 for delivery which isn't really bad at all.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"