Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

Baltimore - out of the way places

by Jeffrey D. » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:35 am

Daughter is moving to Baltimore and we're going to be spending a few days there next week, in the Johns Hopkins area. Anybody got any suggestions for out of the way, neighborhood type places? I've searched "Baltimore" on the Forum and have those places (Papermoon Diner, Inner Harbor stuff, etc.) and was wondering if there were any suggestions for local places. Thanks!
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
no avatar
User

amy lyons

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Highlands

Re: Baltimore - out of the way places

by amy lyons » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:46 pm

My daughter and son-in-law live in Baltimore and on a recent visit they took me out to dinner at a local brew pub call The Brewers Art. Their website is http://www.thebrewersart.com/.

The dinner was wonderful and their craft brews were equally delicious. I highly recommend.
"All I ask of food is that it doesn't harm me."
Michael Palin
User

Robert Carnighan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:47 am

none

by Robert Carnighan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:25 pm

A good rule for relatively new members is to search the forum for previous posts on your interest. Try "Baltimore" and you will be rewarded. Only thing that I can add to previous posts is information about G and M restaurant a short taxi ride from BWI. G and M consistently wins the Baltimore Magazine award for best crab cakes. They have completely renovated and it is now much more pleasant and less noisy and crowded with no obvious increase in prices. They even got rid of the silly little 10 oz. draft beer glasses and put some craft brews on tap. If you go to one area, make it Fells Point. We usually stay at the Ann Street Bed and Breakfast just across the street from the John Stevens on the wharf in Fells Point. Hopkins is just up the hill.
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:08 pm

Robert Carnighan wrote:A good rule for relatively new members is to search the forum for previous posts on your interest. Try "Baltimore" and you will be rewarded.

Two other good rules are: Please read the post you are responding to, such as the second sentence in the original post, where it was stated: "I've searched "Baltimore" on the Forum and have those places (Papermoon Diner, Inner Harbor stuff, etc.).

And 49 is bigger than 18.

Thank you for the information, Amy and Robert.
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
no avatar
User

Mark A.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu May 24, 2007 10:30 pm

by Mark A. » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:43 pm

"La Scala's" for authentic Italian...excellent. Not far from the Inner Harbor, but it's a "local" place and far enough away from all of the tourist trap places.