Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Help me win the Lou Lou gift card contest!

by Marsha L. » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:23 pm

Hey folks - I hesitate to bring this up, but - it's only seven weeks until Christmas.

There is a contest amongst the staff at Lou Lou with a very valuable prize ($250 in Southwest Airline vouchers) for, well, it was originally billed as "the server who sells the most Cafe Lou Lou gift cards between now and Christmas". You see, cooks don't normally hang out in the dining room, so most of them wouldn't have an opportunity to try to beat the servers at a sales contest, but I figured I'd like to give it a go. That $250 is just about right to fly myself and John to Chicago for a weekend.

So: Please consider buying a Cafe Lou Lou gift card, in any denomination, as a holiday gift or stocking stuffer. You can either stop by with any form of payment (we are open seven days a week) or even purchase it over the phone with a credit or debit card. It's an attractive plastic "credit card" type gift card in Lou Lou green with our logo on it, and it comes in a holder inside an envelope.

Also (fingers crossed) you should be able to buy them at the Loop Lou Lou (sorry - "Cafe Lou Lou in the Highlands" :mrgreen: )beginning next weekend (the weekend after election day). I was just in the new location this afternoon, and finishing touches are going on very rapidly. All the signage is up, and it's really very "Lou Lou" looking, if that makes sense.

IMPORTANT: When you purchase the card, tell whomever you're buying it from that "this gift card should be credited to Marsha's total." Then, if it's not too much trouble, PM me or post in this thread so I can verify that I got credit for it, because it's a handwritten tally.

Help me kick some server butt! I may not be able to win a wine-selling competition, but I'll bet I can win this one! (I'm very competitive....has anyone noticed?) :wink:
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Joel H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:33 am

Re: Help me win the Lou Lou gift card contest!

by Joel H » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:35 pm

I might do this, since my parents live within walking distance of the new Douglass Loop location. Thanks, Marsha!
no avatar
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:36 pm

Marsha L. wrote: it was originally billed as "the server who sells the most Cafe Lou Lou gift cards between now and Christmas"

Is the contest truly most cards sold or total $$ sold? What's the smallest denomination? I may need a bunch of stocking stuffers! :)

Marsha L. wrote:(I'm very competitive....has anyone noticed?) :wink:

Hell No :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:47 pm

Tom Holstein wrote:
Marsha L. wrote: it was originally billed as "the server who sells the most Cafe Lou Lou gift cards between now and Christmas"

Is the contest truly most cards sold or total $$ sold? What's the smallest denomination? I may need a bunch of stocking stuffers! :)

Marsha L. wrote:(I'm very competitive....has anyone noticed?) :wink:

Hell No :lol: :lol:

Tom, it's total dollars sold, but every little bit helps! And there is no low-dollar limit on the amount - you can buy them for as much or as little as you like. That's the beauty of the gift-card system - we can load them with whatever amount you pay!

So, folks, please don't hesitate to buy a handful of $10 gift cards - we're glad to sell them to you, and the folks you give them to will likely spend some more money once they're in the door.

Just make sure, really sure, you tell them it's for my total, and then if it's not too much trouble, tell me here as well. I trust everyone that you'd conceivably be dealing with, but things get hectic and people forget to write stuff down. You know how it is.
Marsha Lynch
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:35 pm

Woo Hoo! I am nearly tied for the lead, thanks to a pair of generous regulars that frequent the forum. I hope I see a lot of you the next couple paydays!

Lou Lou gift cards = great Christmas gifts for your boss, excellent Secret Santa gifts, and "I-have-no-idea-what-that-person-likes" gifts for that weird in-law whose name you drew in the family gift pool.

I should also mention that our new dessert menu is now in effect at Lou Lou St. Matthews:

Raspberry Tiramisu
Classic Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
Bananas Foster Bread Pudding with Buttered Rum Sauce

and, my new chocolate concoction:

CHOCOLATE DELUSION!

CD is for serious, omg-I-cannot-live-without-deep-dark-chocolate, chocolate lovers.

So come for the Delusion, stay for the half-priced wine on Wednesdays, and leave with part of your Christmas shopping done by gift card purchase.
Marsha Lynch
no avatar
User

Karen H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:26 pm

by Karen H » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Oh no Marsha does this mean that my favorite chocolate soufle cake is no longer available? :(
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:59 pm

Karen H wrote:Oh no Marsha does this mean that my favorite chocolate soufle cake is no longer available? :(

Karen, it does. But if you let me know the next time you'll be in, your Chocolate Delusion is on me. It's not served warm - it's lovely at room temperature instead. Topped with my hand made whipped cream.

Seriously - I'd love to know what you think! I didn't ever get the idea that Chocolate Souffle Cake was too universally loved, to be honest.
Marsha Lynch
no avatar
User

Karen H

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Karen H » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:13 pm

I guess I am just unique......but I loved it....I like simple chocolate cake or pie usually.....no nuts or fruits added.
Thanks for the offer on the Chocolate Delusion I think I will have to take you up on that.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:15 pm

Well, there are no nuts or fruits in the Delusion.....just a lotta chocolate, eggs and butter, enrobed in chocolate ganache.
Marsha Lynch
no avatar
User

Karen H

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Karen H » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:39 pm

That sounds so good that I think we might have to make the trip Friday night. :D