Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

pete chamberlain

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat May 26, 2007 9:11 am

2 dollar corona at Sari Sari all day long!!!

by pete chamberlain » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:36 pm

just thought I'd let everyone know you can get 2 dollar corona beers at Sari Sari all day long (with purchase of entree of course) enjoy the casual atmosphere,great food and very reasonable prices that were mentioned in many local publications and national mags such as Food and Wine, Southern Living and American Airlines. Call to ask for the daily specials....
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Re: 2 dollar corona at Sari Sari all day long!!!

by Roger A. Baylor » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:52 am

Is this an advertisement?

Is Corona really beer?

Here's mine: Free tap water all day, every day at the Public House ... Pretend It's Beer for Less Coin.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Elizabeth S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 pm

St. Matthews

by Elizabeth S » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:02 am

Smells like an ad to me.... but let's not get on them for serving Corona. Sari Sari has maybe 20 seats in it total (thats a generous estimate). I am sure they are getting hit pretty hard (I know a lot of others are too). They are just trying to get people in the door. Give them a break for trying to do it with Corona.
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:04 am

Point taken. It's just that I hate Corona in good and bad times alike.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:49 am

Elizabeth S wrote:Smells like an ad to me.... but let's not get on them for serving Corona. Sari Sari has maybe 20 seats in it total (thats a generous estimate). I am sure they are getting hit pretty hard (I know a lot of others are too). They are just trying to get people in the door. Give them a break for trying to do it with Corona.

I would add that Pete Chamberlain of Sari Sari is a regular forum participant (although he's using a new persona with only 1 post on it), and we do tend to be more generous about allowing industry folks who post here to let us know when they're having an event of offer that forumites can use. It's the "stealth spammers" who run in here and post PR without having earned the right that really chap my cheeks, but Pete does not fall in this category.

I'm no fan of Corona either, but hey, who can afford to give away craft beers for 2 bucks? :)
no avatar
User

Steve Cecil

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Oldham County

by Steve Cecil » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:05 pm

And those clear bottles let it go downhill right off the bottling line. Even with a lime, I won't drink that whizz. But it will get you drunk, so I guess it has a redeeming quality... :twisted:
no avatar
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:19 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
I'm no fan of Corona either, but hey, who can afford to give away craft beers for 2 bucks? :)

BBC tap room on Thursdays has two dollar pints.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:30 pm

John Hagan wrote:BBC tap room on Thursdays has two dollar pints.

But they only have great FIlipino food if you bring it in. 8)
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:42 pm

And to call it great is an accurate assertion. Admittedly I've only been once, but it was really really tasty. I think about going back all the time. And I think the owners are cool, too. I need to get in there.
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:09 pm

Free tap water all day, every day at the Public House ... Pretend It's Beer for Less Coin.

lol

Roger, I really need to meet you!

Deb
no avatar
User

S Cruz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:42 pm

401 East Main St. @ Slugger Field

by S Cruz » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:08 pm

on corona....buy it in a closed 12 pack box. its not light struck. none of that nasty skunk flavor. its not to bad. especially on a warm afternoon with takeout from sari sari.

on a side note, check out tetra-hops. interesting what can be done now.
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry.
no avatar
User

pete chamberlain

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat May 26, 2007 9:11 am

by pete chamberlain » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:15 am

sorry if that sounded too much like advertising....let me first say that about a month ago now I sold my share of Sari Sari to Lourdes(the chef).She and her boy friend Tony are running the place.After 2yrs.of running a 2 dollar red stripe special,which never became that popular,they thought they would try a more mainstream(is that the right word???) beer.Even though she has recieved quite a bit of local and national recognition for her food,it's still difficult to get new people in the door,and with a local Mexican chain opening up in a week or so across the street,a 2 dollar corona might be a good way to introduce new comers to Sari Sari.Why do I feel the need to explain all this? Because IT IS a tough economy out there and people have bills to pay and families to raise.We've all heard the whispers of restaurants that have closed or may be closing.They operate on pretty narrow margins,and unless you've spent time putting on your game face every day,taking orders,cooking ,scrubbing floors, doing dishes, fixing equipment, placing orders,payroll etc. etc. you don't realize that a couple of mishaps can put you over the cliff.Now throw in something completely out of our control such as this poor economy?????Let me close by giving thanks to all the patrons of both El mundo and Sari Sari for almost 14 yrs. It's been fun creating 2 unique and eclectic restaurants.May they both prosper.Also many thanks to you Robin for all your reviews and kind words over the years....Pete