Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Jarfi's opened a new location!!

no avatar
User

Trish Jackson

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:48 am

Jarfi's opened a new location!!

by Trish Jackson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:43 am

Jeff Jarfi opened a new location at Glenmary Country Club in Fern Creek! Jarfi is doing some amazing things at Glenamary such as his wine and dine special which he has tues thru sat. it is a four course dinner and 3 glasses of wine for 35 dollars. Jarfi's at Glenmary also has a Sunday Brunch from 11-2 every Sunday. For those of you who would like to spend more time with your family on Thanksgiving Jarfi is offering a flying turkey dinner to go everything you need for 135 dollars and all you do is drive up to the door and the turkey and all the sides come hot and ready to go. Jarfi's is an awesome location for almost any occasion they have private dining rooms for special occasions and larger dining rooms for Christmas parties or rehersal dinners. Everyone who lives in Fern Creek should give Jarfi's a try and remember to ask about the wine specail. :D
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Re: Jarfi's opened a new location!!

by Bill Veneman » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:57 am

Trish, might I ask if you are affiliated with Jeff? As Robin would say "we don't mind this kind of post, but we do like disclaimers up front".
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Trish Jackson

{ RANK }

Just got here

by Trish Jackson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:39 pm

I work for Glenmary, sorry if i did somthin wrong im new to the site and had sent the website an email asking if it was ok to let people know what is going on at are resturant. I just wanted to let everyone know the specials that he has sorry for breaking any rules the website has. Trish
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:34 pm

Thanks for the clarification, and welcome to the site....
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:05 pm

Is there a phone number for reservations? I'm assuming since it was posted here nonmembers of Glenmary as well as members are equally welcome to dine here.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Mark R. wrote:Is there a phone number for reservations? I'm assuming since it was posted here nonmembers of Glenmary as well as members are equally welcome to dine here.

Yes, the dining room is open to the public under Jarfi's management.
no avatar
User

Trish Jackson

{ RANK }

Just got here

by Trish Jackson » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:58 am

Yes Jarfi's at Glenamry is open to the public! To make reservations you can call 239-3500 ext. 2
no avatar
User

Dee Johnson

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:47 pm

by Dee Johnson » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:41 pm

We just tried Jarfi's Sunday Brunch this past week and it was awesome! Wonderful selection of breakfast foods and lunch items. The atmosphere of the Country Club was a very nice change from the usual loud chain restaurant. All the servers were very nice and welcoming. We will be going back for dinner very soon!

Dee Johnson
no avatar
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:55 pm

Something's odd here.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:58 pm

We just tried Jarfi's Sunday Brunch this past week and it was awesome! Wonderful selection of breakfast foods and lunch items. The atmosphere of the Country Club was a very nice change from the usual loud chain restaurant. All the servers were very nice and welcoming. We will be going back for dinner very soon!

Dee Johnson

1st post - very interesting. Of course, getting good word of mouth reviews from real customers is always the way to create a buzz about a new place. I think I remember Robin saying that exact same thing to Trish. :roll:
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:01 pm

Hi, Trish!

I hate to keep jumping on you, and I hope you don't mind my doing it in public as long as I'm polite.

I know you are new here, and I know you're excited about Jarfi's. But please understand that a constant stream of advertising-like responses in every thread is considered "spam," and unfortunately, rather than working to the benefit of your company, it really turns people off.

We're here to talk with each other as peers about local food and drink and dining. Commercial type posts aren't absolutely forbidden, but it's best to keep them discreet, and, frankly, to earn the right to them through good, active participation in our forum conversations.

Looks like Trish has "earned" her first positive review!