Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Christopher Lamb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:44 pm

Looking for food for a Veterans Day event

by Christopher Lamb » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:41 pm

Hello all. I ran this past Robin before posting, so I hope nobody is put off when I ask for help. Last year, a group of student-veterans at UofL started an organization known as the University Veterans Organization. We are filed in the state of Kentucky as a nonprofit organization, and we have NO POLITCICAL AGENDA!!! I repeat this is not a political organization!!! We are simply a group of students who have the common characteristic that we have served in the military. We have been successful in our efforts to bring awareness to the issues that veterans run into when trying to return to an academic environment. On Tuesday, November 11th, we are hosting a Veterans Day appreciation ceremony at the Belknap Campus, and we are HUMBLY asking if there are local restaurants who would be interested in donating food for our event. Last year, the only help we had was from the Famous Dave's chain (obviously not local). We are trying to set up fundraising events to offset the cost of food, so we may be able to throw some cash toward those who offer some help. We are not looking for money, and we are willing to have our members coordinate pickup (and return if needed) of any items. I'm 33 yrs old, have worked in local restaurants (still do), and I've lived in this community almost my entire life and I am proud of what we can do when we pull together. I will gladly provide additional info (including my personal contact info) to anybody who would like it. Thanks folks!
"We're surrounded, that simplifies our problem."
- Col. Lewis "Chesty" Puller
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Impellizzeri's Pizza

Re: Looking for food for a Veterans Day event

by Wes P » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:50 pm

Christopher:

Impellizzeri's Pizza would be proud to donate food to your organization. Please call 454-2711 and ask for Michael or Dan.
We honor your service to our country, and your efforts to return and continue your education.

Wes Phelps
Impellizzeri's Pizza
The Original Impellizzeri's Pizza
www.impellizzeris.com
no avatar
User

Christopher Lamb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:44 pm

by Christopher Lamb » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:24 pm

Thanks Wes, I'll call tomorrow. By the way, we have media coverage set up as well. WHAS is doing a story about our organization, and this event, not just on that day, but for four or five days preceding as well. I don't know if that would affect anybody's decision.....
"We're surrounded, that simplifies our problem."
- Col. Lewis "Chesty" Puller
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:25 pm

You have a PM.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:35 pm

Wes P wrote:Christopher:

Impellizzeri's Pizza would be proud to donate food to your organization. Please call 454-2711 and ask for Michael or Dan.
We honor your service to our country, and your efforts to return and continue your education.

Wes Phelps
Impellizzeri's Pizza

I just want to commend you Wes for your willingness to provide to the hometown. We need more businsseses and people like you.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Impellizzeri's Pizza

by Wes P » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:45 pm

Doogy as I tell some of the staff when things get a litte rough, "It's just pizza, no ones going to die here."
It's noting compared to what Christopher and his fellow veterans have done for us.
The Original Impellizzeri's Pizza
www.impellizzeris.com