Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Primetables.com

no avatar
User

Gary Michael

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:55 pm

Primetables.com

by Gary Michael » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:46 pm

Anyone heard about this site? Looks like $450.00 per year for a membership and $30 or $40 per reservation can secure one a last minute reservation at the hottest restaurants in certain cities. The posters at Zagat.com weren't too happy about the idea.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Primetables.com

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:00 pm

Gary Michael wrote:Anyone heard about this site? Looks like $450.00 per year for a membership and $30 or $40 per reservation can secure one a last minute reservation at the hottest restaurants in certain cities. The posters at Zagat.com weren't too happy about the idea.

I don't know Zagat.com, but the Zagat Guides are pretty lame, or at least that was the impression I got as a foodie in NYC a few years ago: Bridge and Tunnel People comparing notes on last year's hot spots.

As for the primetables.com deal, it reminds me of the old saying, "A fool and his money are soon parted."
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:07 pm

There was a pretty good discussion of this on the old board. You might want to go over there and search.