Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Megan Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:12 pm

scenic Germantown

An open love letter to the De La Torre's & La Bodega fam

by Megan Johnson » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:16 pm

Last night I was STARVING, yet feeling extravagant, so I told Mr. Credit Card to take me on a dinner date to La Bodega.

I had me the grilled calamari (I'd have gotten lamb, too, but my tax refund hasn't come yet) that's been haunting my dreams for WEEKS now.

it is SO simple, and yet so FANTASTIC.

not that I'd expect anything less.

I seriously need to find a way to get back into the habit of stopping by there at least once a month.

Maggie & Miguel, you guys rock my face off.

that is all.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:37 am

I've always been a huge fan of De La Torres and La Bodega. Great food.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

La Bodega

by Kim H » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:58 pm

We have GC's for La Bodega, and have never been. Any recommendations for particular dishes? We are trying to do the relatively low carb thing for now (for health reasons), so that is also a consideration. TIA!!!
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:47 am

I am a long time De La Torres and La Bodega fan, but I haven't been in a long time due to my relocation. I've never had anything there that I did not enjoy very much. My favorites are the lamb and paella negra. It's unfortunate that this fine restaurant does not get more credit for staying the course and making very traditional Spanish cuisine without ever compromising.
User

Christian Dreisbach

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:19 am

Louisville

La Bodega suggestions

by Christian Dreisbach » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:41 pm

Kim, You're in luck because la bodega has small plates of fabulous dishes that change so you can't go wrong. Both la bodega and de la torres are so fantastic...the mojitos and pomegranate (sp?) martinis are family favorites too.