Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

David O.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:52 am

Louisville

Babagahnoush at Sharom's (former Fishery)

by David O. » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:23 pm

I stopped in at Sharom's today for their excellent fried scrod plate for lunch and saw he is offering fresh homemade babagahnoush with pita bread for $3.95.

Despite already ordering the fish, I had to try some. It is quite delicious.

Just a heads up for anyone in the area, I know there are some of us that frequent the Okolona area for lunch or dinner. I asked the owner if he was going to put it on the menu and he said it's a special for now until he see's how it goes over.

Thanks,

David
David O.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Babagahnoush at Sharom's (former Fishery)

by James Natsis » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:50 pm

We've eaten there several times. It is an oasis in the middle of vast culinary void. The middle eatern fare is a treat from the other drab selections in the area.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:23 pm

They also have one of the better gyros in town.... I would say in the top three for sure.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:57 pm

I guess you guys know that a relative of Sharom's (son?) is opening a new place in the former Williams on Bardstown Road just north of the Kroger at Wrocklage. Zaytun's? Something like that ...
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:41 pm

I didn't realize this place had changed it's name (from The Fishery). Did they change owners, concept, or just the name? We have been wishing for a good Middle Eastern restaurant near work forever. We had their gyros there a couple of years ago, and found them to be okay, but nothing great. Maybe not a fair assessment as we only tried them once or twice.