Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ellen White

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 pm

st. matthews

restaurant health inspection ratings

by Ellen White » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:50 am

I know you can look up the inspection ratings for restaurants, but so far, all I've been able to come up with is the restaurant name and score. Is there a way you can look up what violations a restaurant has? Like, Restaurant X has an 88, is there a way to click on the restaurant and see what violations they have that caused them to get that score?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: restaurant health inspection ratings

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:35 pm

Ellen White wrote:I know you can look up the inspection ratings for restaurants, but so far, all I've been able to come up with is the restaurant name and score. Is there a way you can look up what violations a restaurant has? Like, Restaurant X has an 88, is there a way to click on the restaurant and see what violations they have that caused them to get that score?

I don't think that specific information is online. It's public record and should be available for public inspection, but chances are that you would have to go in to the Metro Health Department and ask to see it.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Or read the placard - I have seen it on the card (on the top - usually hand written) and the restaurant gets a printed checksheet from the inspector.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Keith D Heath

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:11 pm

by Keith D Heath » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:15 pm

I recently over heard a conversation as I was waiting for some carry-out regarding a Health Code Rule. This place had a B posted with a Score of 96%. One of the servers approached another server and discreetly asked about the rating. The 2nd Server said that there is a newish rule that looks at a restaurants performance over a period of years and, if they score less than a A for a set number of inspections, requires them to keep a B posted for a year regardless of what they score in subsequent inspections. Is anyone familiar with this rule? It seems to me that such a draconian rule could have a huge detrimental impact on business in an already struggling economy.
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:27 pm

That is a new rule...if that is the case they write "past history of low ratings" or something close to that on the placard...
no avatar
User

Elizabeth S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 pm

St. Matthews

by Elizabeth S » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:45 am

I was sitting on the sofa staring into space while my husband was watching the New York Giants play the Dallas Cowboys on FOX. A commercial caught my attention. It seemed like FOX News at 10 was doing some kind of story on restaurant inspection ratings in Louisville. Because I really wants paying attention, I didnt get to see the whole commercial but I think the story is on tonight. Sorry I dont have more details. I tried to do a cursory internet search for the program but didn't turn up more details.
no avatar
User

Sue H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 05, 2007 12:08 am

by Sue H » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:49 am

The health inspection piece will air tonight at 10:00 on Fox 41 news.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:08 am

They gave Simply Thai and the Hubbards Kroger C ratings. I am shocked! Although it is most likely something they will fix easily and promptly!
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:20 am

MarieP wrote:They gave Simply Thai and the Hubbards Kroger C ratings. I am shocked! Although it is most likely something they will fix easily and promptly!

Could simply be a drink on a shelf in a storage area. But then again...
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Or a coat left on a counter......they got the cafeteria here at the office for that last year.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.