Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Seviche Goose creek closing!

no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Re: Seviche Goose creek closing!

by Kim H » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:47 pm

I am sad to hear of this closing, Anthony. It was just a couple of miles from us, and we really enjoyed the food and ambience. We will make it a point to patronize your Bardstown location!
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:22 pm

Rob_DeLessio wrote:
Shannon Williams wrote:Robin, I agree with your general sentiment. It seems people out here want familiar, low-priced, semi-consistent Cisco food. (It's a HUGE generalization, I'm just saying that's for me, in my circle of people)

I find this line extremely confusing...I think that I know where Shannon is going, but the lineis loaded with error, in many ways.

I have to agree with Rob on this, Sysco is doing some great work on the high end these days. I have had some great experiences with the chefX stuff. To me, they have done a pretty good job of making the transition. Not quite D'Atragnan, but close...
no avatar
User

Laura G

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:39 pm

La Grange, KY

by Laura G » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:46 pm

Oh no! My husband and I dined at Seviche GC last weekend for the first time! We so enjoyed everything! We don't get a "date night" out alone too often. We'd been talking about dining here for a long time and just never got there. Then last Friday, my husband was off work and when I arrived home from my job, he surprised me with a date night. He'd even made reservations!

We had such a great meal and enjoyable time we were really looking forward to going back. :cry:
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:12 pm

Are they closed as of now? Thought we'd go by for a final meal tonight if they are open.
no avatar
User

Shannon W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:06 pm

by Shannon W » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:33 pm

I haven't seen it open this week.
"Mark that frame an eight...and you're entering a world of pain."
no avatar
User

Pam G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:19 pm

Downtown days/Northeast nights

by Pam G » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:29 pm

I happened to drive by last night and they were chairs out and they were closed.
no avatar
User

Solomon Gayman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:47 am

highlands

by Solomon Gayman » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:43 pm

that is so sad. it seemed like such a great location.
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:22 am

Stephen D wrote:
Rob_DeLessio wrote:
Shannon Williams wrote:Robin, I agree with your general sentiment. It seems people out here want familiar, low-priced, semi-consistent Cisco food. (It's a HUGE generalization, I'm just saying that's for me, in my circle of people)

Don't blame SYSCO or their foods. Since they carry so very much in their inventory (last I checked over 70 varieties of french fries alone) a chef can pretty much prepare whatever, and however he wants almost any dish. Some kitchens opt for short cuts and if that's what they want SYSCO can oblige. For the chef that demands only the freshest and top of the line (short of having your own garden and many are doing just that) SYSCO has got that too. They are also making a big push in carrying local items.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
Previous