Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Fall Festival Catering

no avatar
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

Fall Festival Catering

by Jessica Devine » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:17 pm

Hello all,

I'm on my school's community committee and I've been helping to plan our Fall Festival (10/30). We really wanted to buy barbeque and then resell it for a school fundraiser. We're finding that it's too expensive for our budget and our families. We hate to go with the tradional hotdog or pizza dinner. We're looking at 150-200 people at about $3-$5/person. Any ideas?

We called Bootleg Barbeque and it was way too high for us. We've tried another local place as well. We're willing to come and pick it up and supple the paper products.

Thanks!
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Re: Fall Festival Catering

by Heather L » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:46 am

Try the beer depot?
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:33 am

Are you trying to buy just the Barbecue or pre made sandwiches? It would probably be a lot cheaper to just buy the barbecue and the buns separately and make your own sandwiches, figure 1/4lb per sandwich. You can make barbecue beans very easily and cheaply and also serve chips for side items. I know Mark's Feed Store sells barbecue for $8.49/lb but I bet this could be negotiated for the amount you need. I really don't think it should be much of a problem to meet your target price.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:53 am

Somewhat along the same lines......what if you went to some place like GFS or Costco?!?! I KNOW GFS has decent frozen BBQ (I know the BBQ experts are all going to hunt me down) in like 5 pound trays because we have used them in the past for large parties.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Bob B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:39 pm

Germantown

by Bob B » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:02 am

I would suggerst going to GFS Market Place (Gordon Food Service) and buying tins of premade BBQ and heating them up yourself. That would probably be within your budget. Go to Sams or Costco for your beans and chips. That would be a easy meal to prepare for a crowd and be lots cheaper then having it catered.
no avatar
User

Corey Watson

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:17 pm

by Corey Watson » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Hello, My name is Corey I am a chef at Son of a Sailor restaurant. I can quote you a fair price on BBQ for your fund raiser. Please give me a call at 502-265-2202. We are not open for lunch on Saturday so please wait until after 3p.m. if you call on Saturday. Thank you . Look forward to talking to you.
Chef Corey
no avatar
User

Staci O.

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:09 pm

by Staci O. » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:41 pm

The Fall Festival at my kids' school was a few weeks ago and they used Brandon's BBQ. I have no idea of the cost, etc.
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:02 am

Smoketown BBQ - Very Reasonable
749-2365
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.