Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Volare Brunch

User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Volare Brunch

by Gayle DeM » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:20 pm

This past Sunday, I had another wonderful brunch at Volare. In my opinion, theirs is the best brunch in town, especially if one prefers to order from a menu. I took an out-of-town guest who was equally impressed.
Here is the kicker. We were the only two in the entire restaurant during our visit, which was from 12:30 to 2:00. I don’t get it. The placed was packed on Easter Sunday, which was a buffet, but one-week later only two customers?
It’s not the chef’s fault. The menu included five “starters” from which we denied ourselves a choice. I chose the omelet, “Omelette alla Contadina” (with red onions, smoked bacon and potatoes serves with mixed greens). My friend chose “Shrimp and Grits” – (sautéed shrimp with peppers, bacon, and garlic in a spicy cream sauce served over polenta). She raved and raved about it. I’ve had eaten it before and “Wow!” It’s like no shrimp and grits ever put together by any Southern grandma. Absolutely, the best; totally, to die for! An additional four entrees ranging from “Hazelnut Liqueur Flavored French Toast” to “Pan Seared Petite Filet, topped with a fried egg, sautéed baby spinach, and hollandaise” rounded out the entrée portion of the menu.
Then for dessert, we shared a panna cotta. Josh Moore’s version is of this Italian dessert which literally means “cooked cream” was served with a topping of mixed berries: raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries. It was softly set and so silky-smooth that it slipped down beautifully at the end of this perfect brunch.
I don’t get it. Volare’s should be waiting room only at Sunday brunch!
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:47 pm

I think that I, as a consumer, think brunch and immediately visualize a buffet. I like sampling a number of different things. If I have to order off a menu, what's so special about their brunch? Do they offer the same menu on Saturday morning? I know first hand that the food is excellent.