Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Panera Bread in the Aegon

User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

Panera Bread in the Aegon

by Vince Yustas » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:52 am

Panera Bread is opening today in teh Aegon Center where Wall Street Deli (followed by a number of others) was located on the Jeff side.

Not looking to reopen the debate nor taking sides, but it might be that a chain with its cash flow might be the only way to get a foundation in this location given the number of failures there.
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

Re: Panera Bread in the Aegon

by Brad Keeton » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:56 am

My secretary informed of this yesterday. I think it's good news, espcially for those of us in the immediate area needing a quick lunch. I used to go there when it was Metro Deli, and the location is great.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:58 pm

My bride works in the Aegon and she has lived through all the incarnations. It has never been about big pocketbooks at that location, it has always been about serving a CONSISTENT quality product. All of them started out great and then slid into mediocrity by underestimating their clientele. Bland food + slow surly service= bye-bye. No one has a captive audience. With a few really excellent options (Saffrons being the top of the list) and a bunch of middle of the pack places, anyone coming in needs to stay focused. Throwing money around won't help unless your paying your clientele to eat there.
no avatar
User

Mark A.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu May 24, 2007 10:30 pm

by Mark A. » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:34 pm

Great news ! I work downtown and welcome any new additions like Panera. Great sandwiches and fresh brewed tea. It's all about customer service and a good quality product. If it takes a "chain" to get it right, then so be it. That's how chains get to be chains. Sorry Robin.