Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Lonnies

no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

Lonnies

by Neal M » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:34 am

Has anyone noticed Lonnies new menu? They've added a few things at both locations since the opening of the B'Town Rd location. The Spicy Beef is awesome! It has a spicy sauce that is a distant cousin to a buffalo sauce on it. They keep making it harder for me to decide what I am going to order :-)

BTW..... Lonnie was in the hospital. Very grave situation for a while according to Diane but he is home now and doing fine!
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

Re: Lonnies

by John Greenup » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:41 pm

Neal M wrote:Has anyone noticed Lonnies new menu? They've added a few things at both locations since the opening of the B'Town Rd location. The Spicy Beef is awesome! It has a spicy sauce that is a distant cousin to a buffalo sauce on it. They keep making it harder for me to decide what I am going to order :-)

BTW..... Lonnie was in the hospital. Very grave situation for a while according to Diane but he is home now and doing fine!

I had lunch at the St Matthews location on Friday....the Catfish lunch combo was excellent -- cooked to order (which takes an extra few minutes) but worth the wait....
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn
no avatar
User

PatrickWhelan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Shelby Park

by PatrickWhelan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:22 am

I had lunch at the St. Matthews location Saturday with my mom and it was packed out the door at 1:00. I am a sucker for a good dog.
Patrick Whelan
Logan Street Market
Safai Coffee & Tea
900 E. Kentucky St.
Louisville, KY 40204
502-693-3865
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:57 pm

My son and I ate at the Bardstown Rd location today. He is on Fall break from school. Food was very good. What did that building house before Lonnies? I like the open interior and all of the exposed brick.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:52 am

Ed Vermillion wrote:My son and I ate at the Bardstown Rd location today. He is on Fall break from school. Food was very good. What did that building house before Lonnies? I like the open interior and all of the exposed brick.

For many years it was Kast Book Bindery. They rebound old rare books. The books were sent from all over. I don't know what it was built as, but it looks like it may have been a church originally.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers