Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

John T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 05, 2007 12:30 pm

Thanks from Theater Square Deli

by John T » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:51 pm

I would like to thank all of you that visited my deli over the last 2 1/2 years . I really aprreciated all of you. My lease was up the end of September and right after Labor Day, my Mothers cancer reared its ugly head and this time it got her. That is why I didn't open back up. I am really sad that I didn't get to say thank you personally to all of my loyal customers. I will truly miss all of you. I will keep you posted on my next venture,whenever that happens??? Again, thank all of you .

Chef John Theobald
Owner / Chef
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Thanks from Theater Square Deli

by Doogy R » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:18 pm

Wow, I've never been there nor even heard of the place. Regardless, another loss for the Ville. This worldwide economic situation is a dearth for not only our local economy but the whole planet. Do not be surprised when more local businesses go defunct.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:10 pm

Doogy, I think you need to read the original post a little closer. There was no mention made about closing due to the economic conditions.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:07 am

Mark R. wrote:Doogy, I think you need to read the original post a little closer. There was no mention made about closing due to the economic conditions.

Gotcha, thanks for the heads up.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:30 am

John on behalf of everyone at LEO Weekly I'd like to wish you and yours best of luck at what ever you do. You can't possibly imagine the great gnashing of teeth over at LEO after you closed. We all loved your restaurant. You and your lovely daughter and the kind elderly gentleman (sorry - never learned his name) always put out great food and great service in a very short amount of time even when the place was hopping mad busy.
AND you had great egg salad. We miss the egg salad too.
You'd certainly be welcome if you ever decided to return to the area.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

John T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 05, 2007 12:30 pm

by John T » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:18 pm

Carla..thanks..i appreciate the kind words. It means a lot to me. I really miss downtown....it kind of grows on you!!!! Anyway, tell the staff thanks for the busines. I'll let you know if I venture back downtown.

Chef John
no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

by Neal M » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:01 pm

John, so sorry to hear you had to close. As you know, I enjoyed eating at your place a time or two when I worked downtown. I wish the best for you. Please do let us know when you open a new place.

Neal