Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Suggestions for LaGrange

no avatar
User

Jim Greenbrier

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:28 pm

Norton Commons (Prospect,Kentucky)

Suggestions for LaGrange

by Jim Greenbrier » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:02 am

Hello,
My family visiting Saturday....This includes Grandson of 5 years....
Partly, the family will join the Ghost Tour at 7pm.....Also, considering Norma s or Irish Rover for Dinner....
Would appreciate suggestions re restaurants as well as WHAT TO DO WITH 5-YR OLD FOR 90 MINUTES in the area....

Thanks in advance,

JJG III
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: Suggestions for LaGrange

by Ed Vermillion » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:16 am

Hi Jim,

The Rover and Norma Jeans are both good. If they fancy good Q you have Big R's which has some of the best ribs around. In conjunction with the Ghost Tour most of the stores on Main St may be open late. We would entertain our son by hitting all of them up one side and down the other spending a huge amount of time at The Treasured Child just a few doors down from Rover, Too. They have a play area and are great to browse. They will be open until 8:00 PM this coming Saturday (and every Saturday.) Have a great weekend with your family.
no avatar
User

PatrickWhelan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Shelby Park

by PatrickWhelan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:54 pm

Jim, if you would like to tour the Safai coffee roasting facility in the afternoon I may be able to schedule the time to meet all of you. Expect about 30-45 minutes to see the entire facility and we can taste some espressos to boot!

We are about 1/2 mile east from Norma Jeans and Irish Rover II just down Main Street from town center. Give me a call and I'll set it all up. 502-693-3865

This offer is, of course, open to anyone interested in sampling some Specialty Coffee and touring our artisan, hand crafted, Kentucky Proud facility.
Patrick Whelan
Logan Street Market
Safai Coffee & Tea
900 E. Kentucky St.
Louisville, KY 40204
502-693-3865
no avatar
User

BrianW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Behind Enemy Lines in the 9th District

by BrianW » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:53 pm

There's also -E Delizie Italiane- a italian pasta shop that makes its own stuff for sale including pasta, sauce, etc.
Liberalism is a 'no brainer'.
no avatar
User

Andrea E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:15 pm

La Grange, KY

by Andrea E » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:52 pm

I have a 4 year old and live in La Grange so I think I can help :-) Bring the family and your grandson to the Farmers Market on Saturday morning (8 am-1 pm) and we'll give him a cookie at our booth (it's the one with all the glass cookie jars). Perhaps my son will be up there so they can play together on the green! The Treasured Child is a must - they are encouraged to play with all the toys. Great train table! Sweet on LaGrange is across the street and they sell BlueBell Ice Cream by the scoop, also KY Proud products like my friend KP's hot sauces and spicy nuts. Karen's Book Barn is another good stop with kids, they have a Lego table in the back near all the kids books, we get my son "cold coffee" there (aka chocolate milk with whipped cream). I would strongly recommend Norma Jean's for dinner; my kids have always been welcome there and the food (including the kids menu) is delicious.

La Grange is a wonderful town and very kid-friendly. There are some great playgrounds just slightly off the beaten path, so if you need more details, PM me. Hope you enjoy your visit!
Q&A Sweet Treats Bakery & Dessert Cafe
211 South First Street
La Grange, KY 40031
502-265-0550
www.qasweettreats.com
no avatar
User

Jim Greenbrier

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:28 pm

Norton Commons (Prospect,Kentucky)

by Jim Greenbrier » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:56 am

.....all of you are so kind to respond....I guess it s called Kentucky Hospitality!!
Thank you very much...

JJG III
no avatar
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:31 am

Jim, Me and my 16 year old son will be going on the 7:30 ghost walk Saturday night. We are planning on eating at the Irish Rover.....Fish and chips! Yummy. They told us when we made our reservations that the spirits were really active this year!!! My son is all about ghost hunting, so we are hoping that we experience something. Don't forget your camera and a flash light! Happy Hunting!
Realtor, Semonin Realtors
Selling homes in beautiful Indiana
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:33 pm

My best friend lives in La Grange, and any time we make the trip out, we eat at the Rover. Love their food! The Welsh Rabbit is the best, especially smeared with Colman's mustard!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

LaGrange

by Ned Weatherby » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:53 pm

I would suggest Normas after the ghost tour as they are featuring live music on Fridays and Saturdays. I love the Irish Rover on Frankfort but to me the one in LaGrange is lacking something in the food department. The welsh rabbit always seems much drier at the lagrange location. As always try the desserts at Normas from my Cheesecake to Normas Bread Pudding you can't go wrong and Norma and John are always happy to see kids even my 7 Month old is treated wonderfully. I want to go on the ghost tour sometime but today is extremely busy maybe next weekend. My wife loves Safai coffee it is served as regular coffee at Normas and as any drink you can imagine at Karens Book Barn and Cafe. Enjoy your time in our small town and have a blast
Good Eats