Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Forum outage is over ...

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Forum outage is over ...

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:12 pm

Right on the heels of Hurricane Ike in Louisville, CNIWeb.net, our service in Melbourne, Fla., that houses our Web servers for this and WineLoversPage.com and other Cliffwood Organic publications got hit by lightning this afternoon, and in a bizarre effect, the surge burned out a component in the backup generator and basically exploded the battery. CNIWeb does have a second generator. but the breakers up the line blew, so it took 20 mins to reset everything. which was long enough for servers to lose power. It then took us 3-4 hours to go through all the servers, and that's why we were down for so long. As I told Ed, another side effect corrupted a style template for this forum, so when we came back up, it looked like hell. We restored that this morning, and all should be well.

I want to praise CNIWeb in public for their response ... a lot of providers would have been down for days. Those guys boast "rock solid service," and they mean it.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Re: Forum outage is over ...

by Ed Vermillion » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:57 am

OK.......maybe it's just my computer but the forum looks like one of those old generic cans of BEER.......remember the white cans with big black letters? Very strange. Almost looks like the forum before the switch to phpBB.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ed Vermillion » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:59 am

Disregard............I posted and it corrected itself.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:04 am

Ed Vermillion wrote:OK.......maybe it's just my computer but the forum looks like one of those old generic cans of BEER.......remember the white cans with big black letters? Very strange. Almost looks like the forum before the switch to phpBB.

Yeah, Ed, you caught things in an ugly interim state. Somehow during recovery a style table (CSS) got corrupted. Three cheers to my techie bride for getting up early and digging us out of that hole before daybreak!
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ed Vermillion » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:05 am

Hip, Hip Hooray!