Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Ben Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Highlands, Louisville, KY

Re: Park Place and Browning's Closing Tonight

by Ben Smith » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:09 pm

thanks robin... i acknowledge that you will change it. i will log in under Ben Smith from now on. thanks for the help.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Ben S wrote:thanks robin... i acknowledge that you will change it. i will log in under Ben Smith from now on. thanks for the help.

Okay, Mr. Smith! :D Off to change you over now.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:29 pm

Ben Smith wrote:thanks robin... i acknowledge that you will change it. i will log in under Ben Smith from now on. thanks for the help.

Done! You will notice that this goes back and changes all your previous posts, too. Computers, ain't they amazin' ...
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:35 pm

Shawn Vest wrote:Ryan
can you get a message to the guys at Brownings for me

i've been trying to order for weeks from my World Class Bev rep here in Indiana, but with no success
and north vernon (the ab distributor over here) never even told me they had Brownings available in bottle (the old distributor of brownings in indiana)

World Class is their distributor now, but i still can't get the beer ---AAAARRRRGGGHHHH

i'd love to sell some Brownings beer in Charlestown----but i can't get my greedy little fingers on it

Shawn,

I don't think that many bottles made it to World Class Beverages. They put Browning's into a special order category where you have to pre-order the beer. I think they were saying if you ordered now, you would get it in November, but who knows now.
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:11 pm

uuuuuuggggghhhhhhh
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

by Matthew Landan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:50 am

We will have She-Devil on hand for Thursday...
Rumor from River City is that the brewery will continue to operate for a few more months...
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
User

Nimbus Couzin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

by Nimbus Couzin » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:01 am

Roger A. Baylor wrote:
Jeremy Markle wrote:As a new resident to Louisville, how can I care at all about how the local baseball team plays when I could care less about the beer they sell at the park??

The management of the Bats flat doesn't give a damn about the craft beer demographic, and never has. I've spent the past ten years citing instances of productive alliances between baseball management and craft beer, and the Philistines who call the shots for the Bats do nothing, abetted (as another reader astutely pointed out) by the market restrictions imposed by A-B.

I know these comments will rankle some. Sorry about that. The truth sometimes hurts.

Roger (and all),

Yes, it is ridiculous they don't sell the Browning's beer at the ballpark. When I had my brewery in Tucson, the Diamondbacks and White Sox had Spring Training, plus the D-backs AAA club a couple miles from the brewery. They let us get one tap handle and we outsold Budweiser's 20 taphandles for a whole season. Yes, there were long lines.

Budweiser (AB) freaked out and threatened to pull all of their advertising dollars if our beer wasn't gone for the next season. They pulled our beer out.

The following year, our fans at the county commissioner's office pointed out to the ballpark that the taxpayers paid for the stadium, and we got back in (yay). But it was a battle with Anheuser Busch.

I just think it is silly to have a brewery at a ballpark that won't let you sell their beer there. I get PO'd enough because we can't sell our coffee at the farmer's market a block from out shop (monopoly thing).

Anyway, Ray's Monkey House is - and will always be - an Anheuser Busch free zone. (and light beer-free zone also)....

Cheers ya'll....
Dr. Nimbus Couzin
User

Ryan B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:22 pm

by Ryan B » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:00 pm

Todd Antz wrote:
Shawn Vest wrote:Ryan
can you get a message to the guys at Brownings for me

i've been trying to order for weeks from my World Class Bev rep here in Indiana, but with no success
and north vernon (the ab distributor over here) never even told me they had Brownings available in bottle (the old distributor of brownings in indiana)

World Class is their distributor now, but i still can't get the beer ---AAAARRRRGGGHHHH

i'd love to sell some Brownings beer in Charlestown----but i can't get my greedy little fingers on it

Shawn,

I don't think that many bottles made it to World Class Beverages. They put Browning's into a special order category where you have to pre-order the beer. I think they were saying if you ordered now, you would get it in November, but who knows now.

Shawn, I'll pass the word along. I'm not too familiar with how World Class operates but I recall Brian mentioning that Brownings didn't have enough beer ready to fill their initial order. Hopefully some can make it over there soon.
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

by Megan Watts » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:12 pm

Holy Moly..I've been to the Nimbus Brewery.. mmmmmm. I miss Tucson.
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:19 am

ha ha ha
i got my Browning's this week

hooray for louisville beer being sold in indiana
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
Previous