Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Old Louisville Style Chili?

no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Old Louisville Style Chili?

by Kim H » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Anyone know what's up with them? We stopped by Thursday at lunch, and they were closed. Their posted hours said they should be open, and there was no sign indicating otherwise. I just tried to call the number, and it just rang and rang. We've never eaten there, but thought we'd check it out as a different lunch option during the week, but now I'm curious if it will BE an option. Anyone have any insights?
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Re: Old Louisville Style Chili?

by Leah S » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:50 pm

Where is it? Never heard of it.
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Kim H » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:29 pm

Really? I got the impression that it was some sort of Louisville institution (not originally from here). But it's not in Old Louisville, that might be what has you confused. It's on Poplar Level, just bit south of the Watterson on the right.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:49 pm

You're right, I did think it was in Old Louisville. For many, many years there was the "Old Walnut Street Chili Parlor" that moved around town and was actually in Old Lou for a bit. Maybe it's the newest incarnation of that?
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Kim H » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:19 pm

Yes, I believe I read that is the same place. I wonder what happened to them? I thought maybe it was just a vacation, but there were no signs, and no answer at all when I called.
no avatar
User

SeanS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:27 pm

Fern Creek

by SeanS » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:19 pm

They've been closed for a couple (maybe three or four?) months at this point. It was a regular haunt of the folks with whom I worked. My wife and I even left a message on the voicemail number which was attached to their front door to find out what happened. I didn't expect a call back, and never received one.

One of my coworkers heard, on their last day of operation, from one of the folks who worked there (the guy who always made sure everyone had a seat and was very well taken care of -- I really miss him, and his name escapes me at the moment) why they closed. However, as I cannot personally verify the information, I'd rather not start yet another rumor on the boards. Suffice to say that I heard that mismanagement was its downfall.

Man I miss those Charlie Burgers...