Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

Capriole Day On the Farm and Pig Roast (Oct 12)

by Bill P » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:03 am

A local goat cheese producer offering some of the best cheese anywhere IMO.
Some additional info can be found here. The weather should be cooperative.
Bill
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

Re: Capriole Day On the Farm and Pig Roast (Oct 12)

by Bill P » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:08 am

Duh...still trying to figure out how stuff works...maybe Robin will move this out of the Restaurant forum for me. :oops:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:11 am

Bill P wrote:Duh...still trying to figure out how stuff works...maybe Robin will move this out of the Restaurant forum for me. :oops:

I can move it, Bill, but I think it's an okay fit here and might get a larger number of views. I posted something about this event a couple of weeks ago, but it sure doesn't hurt to boost it again.

Why not leave it here, but post another copy in All About Louisville? No extra charge! :)
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:55 pm

Folks,

If you haven't been out there, it's a nice little country trip and Judy Schad is a great person, an incredible cheesemaker and a wonderful host. She does tasting of all her cheeses (with accompaniments) for no charge, and also carries some very special cheeses that she imports from fellow cheese-makers abroad. We had some English "Montgomery Cheddar" the last time we were there- American Cheese Society Winner and fabulous cheese. ( Now this has me craving it) This event sounds great- We'll do our best to attend this event!

Deb
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:01 am

I made it up there yesterday and I was so happy I did! The drive wasn't long at all. The farm itself was stunning. Perhaps one of the most picturesque working farms I've been to. It seemed there were thousands of beautiful, blooming plants of dozens of varieties throughout the property. Beautiful. The cheese was , of course, fantastic. The meal was great (BBQ, rice and black beans, fresh watermelon) I had persimmon pudding for the first time. Theirs was served with a bourbon sauce. It was amazing. Met a bunch of very nice, very interesting people and I had a great time. I kicked myself a dozen times for not bringing a real camera. I took some shots with my cell phone and if I can figure out how to upload them I will this evening.

Thanks Bill for posting the original thread.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:29 am

I was too beat after Fringe Fest to go up yesterday, but Carla has the ambience nailed. We took beer to the May edition of Capriole open house and simply had a great time. It is a lovely setting, indeed.

In fact, Sam Schad came to Fringe Fest on Saturday, bearing cheese and good humor, and we threw together a tasting. The pairings that stand out in my memory are anything big and hoppy with the Mt St Francis, and Porter with the creamier cheeses.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana