Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

LEO/LHB: Robot sommelier at Westport wine shop

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:42 pm

LEO's Eats with Louisville HotBytes.com

A welcome new arrival for East End wine lovers is Westport Whiskey & Wine, run by wine-industry veteran Chris Zaborowski in the booming Westport Village shopping center.

Last week they unveiled a new high-tech, self-service wine dispenser: The Italian-made Enomatic dispenser automatically serves 1-ounce, 3-ounce or 5-ounce tastes from eight selected bottles of wine, keeping them in top shape by filling the empty space with inert argon gas.

Is it a wine shop or wine bar? It's licensed as both, making it possible for consumers to enjoy a tasting, pick up a few bottles or both. Consumers purchase a smart wine card. Each drink deducts the appropriate charge (typically $2.50 to $4 per ounce, depending on the wine), until the card or the bottle needs refilling.

How much does a toy like this cost? Zaborowski offers a hint: "Two Kias." He calculates that its convenience and the excitement factor will pay it off in due time.

Westport Whiskey & Wine
1115 Herr Lane, Suite 140
708-1313
http://westportwhiskeyandwine.com

Read the complete report in LEO and on LouisvilleHotBytes.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: LEO/LHB: Robot sommelier at Westport wine shop

by Steve Shade » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:31 pm

I have been there a couple of times before they installed the wine machine. You won't find nicer and more helpful people. Way to far away for me to be a regular customer, but I hope they do well. They have spent big bucks outfitting and stocking this place.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

David V

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:11 am

Re: LEO/LHB: Robot sommelier at Westport wine shop

by David V » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:09 am

If you haven't yet been to this store, go there! It is fantastic, all the weekly tastings are great, the people are super nice, it really is top notch. They are really good about finding good wines that will fit any budget you might have. I read here a lot, but I registered to post just to write this message because I love this place so much. If you sign up to be a card carrying frequent buyer, you get weekly emails about their tastings upcoming for that week, etc... so if you haevn't been there, check it out, you won't be dissapointed.