Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Jeremy Markle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:58 pm

In my car

Greetings From the Great American Beer Festival

by Jeremy Markle » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:36 am

Does anyone have dining recommendations for Denver/Boulder/Ft. Collins? We hit Wynkoop and Illegal Pete's last night. Snooze for breakfast this morning...
Check out the new http://www.kentuckyale.com
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Greetings From the Great American Beer Festival

by David R. Pierce » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:47 pm

Lucky b*stard. Good luck in the Pro-Am again this year!
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:10 pm

Jeremy Markle wrote:Does anyone have dining recommendations for Denver/Boulder/Ft. Collins? We hit Wynkoop and Illegal Pete's last night. Snooze for breakfast this morning...

Hey, Jeremy, is Charlie Papazian still involved with those things? If so, please offer him my best wishes as a blast from the past.
User

Ryan B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:22 pm

by Ryan B » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:49 pm

I'm sure you could kill a few hours (and brain cells) at Falling Rock Tap House. I'm sure its a bit of a mad house this week but they're certain to have some amazing things on tap. Even when nothing special is going on I've been able to kill entire days in that place. Based on their schedule for this week, I would fight the crowds. The beer will be worth it.

If you do decide to get a change of scenery and see some daylight you can always check out Flying Dog, Great Divide and Breckenridge. I've also heard interesting things can be had at Sandlot. Wynkoop has a rich history as one of Denver's, if not the entire US's, oldest brewpubs but I felt as if the both the food and beer had not evolved much since the 80's.

For good or bad, I've done much more beer drinking than dining in Denver. I will make one recommendation though. For some of my favorite french fries ever check out Bistro Vendome. We hit it a few years ago for brunch and I still remember how good they were. Not really traditional frites as they were coated with some sort of champagne vinegar reduction but delicious none the less. I don't remember what else we ate but it was all enjoyable.
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

by David R. Pierce » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:22 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Jeremy Markle wrote:Does anyone have dining recommendations for Denver/Boulder/Ft. Collins? We hit Wynkoop and Illegal Pete's last night. Snooze for breakfast this morning...

Hey, Jeremy, is Charlie Papazian still involved with those things? If so, please offer him my best wishes as a blast from the past.

Charlie is still sucking money from the venture. Roger tried to corner him at Wynkoop 11 years ago and the guy slipped out the backdoor.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

by David R. Pierce » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:23 pm

Ryan B wrote:I'm sure you could kill a few hours (and brain cells) at Falling Rock Tap House. I'm sure its a bit of a mad house this week but they're certain to have some amazing things on tap. Even when nothing special is going on I've been able to kill entire days in that place. Based on their schedule for this week, I would fight the crowds. The beer will be worth it.

The key to Falling Rock and all local good beer joints is to go DURING GABF sessions.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch