Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Harvest Homecoming

no avatar
User

Isaac F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:10 am

Harvest Homecoming

by Isaac F » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:27 am

Well, the annual Harvest Homcoming in downtown New Albany looks to be impressive this year. We're all glad to see that the weather is getting the rain out of its system early. Ten percent chance of rain on Thurs., and then warm and partly sunny for the rest of the weekend. Couldn't ask for better. It's a great time for food and beer here in NA during Harvest. I can't even begin to keep up with everything that's going on this year, but I do know that Mr. Himmel and Connor's place, Roger Baylor and the NABC, the riverfront beer garden, and a handful of other places are cooking up some exciting plans for the fall celebration. We're converting our parking lot here at the Windsor into a beer garden as well with 7 beers on tap. There should be enough good food and booze in town to keep everyone in a good mood all weekend long. :D Looking forward to seeing everybody this year, and great HARVEST HOMECOMING as always!
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Harvest Homecoming

by David R. Pierce » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:47 am

Don't forget NABC's Fringe Fest 2008, “Harvest Culture on the Skids”. Not an official HH event, just better.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

Isaac F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:10 am

by Isaac F » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:24 pm

David R. Pierce wrote:Don't forget NABC's Fringe Fest 2008, “Harvest Culture on the Skids”. Not an official HH event, just better.

Absolutely! My mention of NABC was about the Fringe Fest, but I didn't remember all the scoop about it. Thanks for the link. Everything I've heard about Fringe Fest sounds awesome, and if I get a free minute I'll definitely be poking my head in. (And maybe enjoy an ale. Or two. Or....)
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:18 pm

I am looking forward to a Saturday of beer and dumplings!
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:38 pm

Thanks guys. When I'm not pouring, I'll be checking out everyone else's venues.

Everything's shaping up for Fringe Fest. We've had the expected musical cancellation or two -- Roz Tate (death in the family) and Social Ties Denied (defection in the band family) are the two that spring to mind. Entrance is gratis, but remember that it's 21 and over only. We open the gates whenever the beer trailer comes on Thursday, then circa 1 pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and the music starts around 5, though earlier on Friday. It's Harvest Homecoming, so parking's always a full contact sport ... beware of restrictions that may be posted in pencil on cardboard.

I should be there much of the time; hoping to see lots of familiar faces.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:51 pm

I love stuffing my gut at HH. I can't wait to make it over!
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:18 pm

there's finally a reason to go to HH
FRINGE FEST woooooooooo hoooooooooo
an alternative to the standard offerings

nice work guys
N
A
B
C

is this the first official event at the new locale??

and when are we going to be able to enjoy some food and beer in the new digs?? i hear there's a great chef tapped for the downtown location !!
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:51 am

Shawn Vest wrote:is this the first official event at the new locale??

and when are we going to be able to enjoy some food and beer in the new digs?? i hear there's a great chef tapped for the downtown location !!

To be succinct, we're loaded and ready, but await the finalizing of a financial package. Then, the boats can be pushed into the water.

Yes, it is the first event. Our future parking lot, where Fringe Fest will be held, was once the site of a building torn down circa 1955. In that building, until 1955, was the headquarters of the New Albany chapter of the Women's Christian Temperance Union.

We'll be christening it for the good guys later today ...
Roger A. Baylor
New Albany, Indiana
User

Richard Rush

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:36 am

by Richard Rush » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:33 pm

I LOVE the Harvest Homecoming. I had lunch there today (chix n dumplings) and will attend the luncheon tomorrow and hit a few of the local watering holes tomorrow on my way to the Fringe Fest. I am looking forward to a Tunnel Vision at Roger's place. I hope I enjoy it as much in this incarnation as I remember enjoying the last one I had a few years ago. When was it last on tap Roger?
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 pm

Roger A. Baylor wrote:Our future parking lot, where Fringe Fest will be held, was once the site of a building torn down circa 1955. In that building, until 1955, was the headquarters of the New Albany chapter of the Women's Christian Temperance Union.

We'll be christening it for the good guys later today ...

now thats what i call downtown revitalization!!!
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:27 am

Thursday went smoothly, so now it's back down for Day 2.

Richard: probably three years ago. The revised recipe is very similar, omitting only the honey and using a different Belgian yeast strain.
Roger A. Baylor
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:30 am

Roger,

I enjoyed the event last night, although I only had the time and energy to enjoy 2 of the samples (Hops and Tunnel). Are the selections remaining the same throughout the event?

That's a nice location you have over there. I don't make it to the NABC/Rich-O's location often (never can find that elusive DD), but I'm often in the Knobs riding my bike. I'm sure a New Albanian or two probably will counteract the fitness edge gained from a good ride, but I'm going to be more than willing to accept those consequences once you get up and runing. As off-base as it sounds, I'm thinking my "where should I ride" choices are going to be highly influenced by the thought of a closer NABC pub.

Cheers!
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.