Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Visited Bistro One, Madison, IN

no avatar
User

David O.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:52 am

Louisville

Visited Bistro One, Madison, IN

by David O. » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:21 pm

I was in the Madison area recently and had the opportunity to visit Bistro One on the 100 block of Main Street. I searched the forum for Madison places to eat and Bistro One came up along with Red Pepper and Mimi's. I went to all three. :shock:

Going to Bistro One was like visiting an old friend. It's run by Nic Izamis who had 2 local places, The Swiss and Europa. Truly great food and a great selection and a great location. On 2 visits I had steak Dianne and rack of lamb. All entrees are served with the a copper saute pan of browned potatoes, al dente greens beans & carrots and pasta with garlic and oil. A salad was also included. It reminded me of the old Swiss restaurant, I think Nic did a similar thing with the sides.

Nic treated us to a plate of hummus and pita points when we told him we were big fans of the Swiss and Europa. :wink:

Anyway, it's great place to check out if your in the area even if you don't get free hummus.

Mimi's is another good dinner choice. It was in the 800 block of Main street. I remember these addresses because we had to walk everywhere we went. :roll:

While Mimi was a little overwhelmed with a Saturday night crowd it was worth the wait. Pasta is name of the game at Mimi's. Pasta with marinara, alfredo, pesto, meatballs and meatsauce. I had the baked Zitti with meatballs and it was quite good. The wine selection is Woodbridge by the glass but, I wasn't complaining. I supplemented it with a Mimitini which was quite tasty....remember I was walking, just a slower after that. :lol:

We got lunch from the Red Pepper Cafe which is great sandwich, soup and salad place also on the 800 block of Main street. A great lunch stop and pretty popular.

The only other place we went was the Lighthouse Restaurant, where we docked the boat(that's how we got there), and they offer the basic "river food". You know fish sandwich, baskets of shrimp, oysters, chicken wings, fries, all that stuff. How was it? Well let's say you go there for the view and cold beer and if you get hungry get some "river food".
David O.