Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

Article on Pumpkin Ales in Courier Journal

by Todd Antz » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:21 am

Marty wrote a nice article on Pumpkin Ales in this past Saturday's Scene. I missed the article initially with all the fun with the move this weekend, but kept wondering why people were coming in and asking about them all day Saturday.... then after reading the piece, I noticed that our store was mentioned as a place to pick some up. Viva the shameless plug!

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbc ... 8810040359
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Re: Article on Pumpkin Ales in Courier Journal

by Ethan Ray » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:09 am

There's nothing i love more than pumpkin beer during the fall. :D

Now that I think about it, i haven't drank any beer other than pumpkin beer so far this fall.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:58 pm

Velocity also ran a recent short feature on seasonal selections. There didn't seem to be much rhyme or reason concerning how the selections connected. I noticed because the writer included Good Island Harvest Ale, which I think is one of the best, if not the best, selections offered by GI. The feature included a few pumpkins including, if I remember correctly, Dogfish and Buffalo Bill, along with Sam Adams' Oktoberfest, and a number of other items. I may be confusing the details with the CJ article.

Seeing that Gannett doesn't know quite what to do with Velocity, not much of Velocity seems to be accessibly archived on the intrawebs, so, unfortunately, no linky. Off topic, I'd be quite interested in a MetroMix vs. Velocity fight to the death!
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:59 pm

Are any of the local brew houses featuring a pumpkin on tap?
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:27 pm

the velocity "oktoberfest" article also featured OLD RASPUTIN from North Coast Brewery

Marty's article was much better

i prefer the Dogfish Punkin' to all the others, no Pumpkin beer at the CPC though - not enough space
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Scott_Shreffler

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:05 pm

by Scott_Shreffler » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:28 pm

Matthew D wrote:Are any of the local brew houses featuring a pumpkin on tap?

Right now, Cafe Lou Lou, Flanagan's, 60 West and Jenicca's all have Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale on draft. The new Lou Lou location will have Pumpkin as well, when they open. I am going to bring a few more kegs in for the state, and once that happens, Denny at the Monkey Wrench will have it on as well. Many thanks to Marty Rosen for such a fantastic write up. Our brewers are humbled by his kind words. Cheers, all.

Scott Shreffler
Schlafly Beer
Life is too short to drink cheap beer.
-Hunter S. Thompson
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:45 pm

The Velocity article was a bit odd, and of course did not give me any free advertising, so of course I don't think much of it.

Seriously though, the had a 6 pack of assorted fall beers, one of which initially confused me, but then I think I got on the same page. That was the North Coast Old Rasputin. It usually takes the start of cold weather to get me back to porters and stouts on a regular basis, so I could see where he was going with that. He was spot on about the Sam Adams Octoberfest. It's the best selling Octoberfest in the world. It will never knock you out of your seat, but will never dissapoint you either. The Abita Pecan Harvest is a bit too nutty for my tastes, but does have a good flavor. You really taste the pecans in the finish. I've still yet to try the Goose Island Harvest.
Keg Liquors

Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

Caleb Weber

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

by Caleb Weber » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:46 am

i think the schafly pumpkin ale and the dogfishhead punkin are pretty comparable and the best you can get around here. i want to try pumking! i give the slight edge to schlafly since i can get a 6-pack for $8 versus a 4-pack of dogfishhead for $9 or $10, plus it gets you slightly drunker.
no avatar
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

by Melissa Richards-Person » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:20 am

Todd Antz wrote: The Abita Pecan Harvest is a bit too nutty for my tastes, but does have a good flavor. You really taste the pecans in the finish.

Todd - are you carrying the Abita Pecan Harvest? It sounds interesting....
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:47 pm

Melissa Richards wrote:
Todd Antz wrote: The Abita Pecan Harvest is a bit too nutty for my tastes, but does have a good flavor. You really taste the pecans in the finish.

Todd - are you carrying the Abita Pecan Harvest? It sounds interesting....

We are currently sold out of the Pecan Harvest (thanks to that article), but should be getting more of it in from the distributor on Thursday.
Keg Liquors

Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

by Melissa Richards-Person » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:27 pm

Not yet! Stopped by last night (Friday) and the 3 guys looked at me like I had a third eye and pointed me to the Turbo Dog. After explaining your message twice, I gave up, bought 3 various pumpkin ales and went home. Still hoping to try the Pecan Harvest sometime soon.....
no avatar
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Impellizzeri's Pizza

by Wes P » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:43 pm

Schafly Pumpkin Ale and Sam Adams Octoberfest at Impellizzeri's in the Highlands.
The Original Impellizzeri's Pizza
www.impellizzeris.com