Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

Re: Shooting at Oak Street Pizza

by MikeG » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:14 pm

Sadly I dont know how much good it will do. The Clarksville Pie Kitchen was recently robbed. They have a reward poster up in their window with a security camera picture of the guy. I dont think they have any leads yet.
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:29 pm

MikeG wrote:Sadly I dont know how much good it will do. The Clarksville Pie Kitchen was recently robbed. They have a reward poster up in their window with a security camera picture of the guy. I dont think they have any leads yet.

Is there a dollar figure attached to the reward in Clarksville though, Mike? I was just kicking ideas around, but it occurs to me that if enough people here were prompted to dig down for a few bucks, we could perhaps put together a reward sufficiently enticing to lure some "shy" types out of the woodwork. Payable only on arrest and prosecution, of course.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm not saying not to do it mind you. I'm just saying I'm sadly pessimistic about it flushing someone out. I hope the people are found though and brought up on charges.
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.
no avatar
User

Isaac F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:10 am

by Isaac F » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:24 pm

Count me in, with any kind of support for Adam
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:55 pm

Sad news indeed. Adam would hook me up with a slice at least twice a week and we'd talk shop. My guess is that he does'nt have medical insurance (much like a lot of us) and might I suggest some kind of fundraiser to help him out?? I will gladly donate as much as I can or cook some pies in his stead.-Dave
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:02 pm

I'm certainly in for a foodie fundraiser. I'll bring cake.
no avatar
User

Luca B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:55 pm

by Luca B » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:42 pm

I had an idea :?: a while back I shared it with a publication that our company advertises with (I know, I should have brought this to Robin) to see if they were interested in taking it to the next level. They seemed interested but did not persue.
It is similar to MERF or musicians emergency relief fund. The great folks at Mom's music started years ago to help local musicians in need. Whether it be a musician who's gear was stolen or a musician who is sick with no insurance. They raise money throughout the year to go to this fund and they have a board who decides who gets what.
My idea was SERF or server's emergency relief fund. Many if not most restaurant workers do not have insurance. I would think that local establishments would be willing to donate proceeds at certain times of the year to help build a bank for restaurant people.
Does anyone out there think this would be worth persuing? :?: I would be happy to be involved in some capacity, I deal with bars and restaurants on a daily basis.
Please let me know.
Thanks
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:48 pm

Luca B wrote:I had an idea :?: a while back I shared it with a publication that our company advertises with (I know, I should have brought this to Robin) to see if they were interested in taking it to the next level. They seemed interested but did not persue.

I think that's a very interesting idea, Luca, and one I'd certainly be willing to get behind if it's feasible. (If you're advertising in Louisville with any other news medium, you really ought to be talking with LouisvilleHotBytes anyway ... particularly if it's that big chain publication downtown. We can do you better in both price and penetration of the local foodie/wino market.)
no avatar
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

by Matthew Landan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:52 pm

Holy poop!
My god what is this world coming to?
He emptied the register. Why shoot?
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:32 pm

wow, sad news indeed

1st, we'll donate gift certificates to help raise money for Adam (a silent online auction would be a great plan, for those of us too busy to make it out to "live" benefits)

2nd, the SERF concept is fantastic, Mark at Mom's music is a great guy and i'm sure he'd provide some insights if you're really interested in simulating the MERF experience

Robin, can you get us some info on where to send monetary donations that will get directly to Adam and Oak Street Pizza??

peace in the pizzerias
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:52 pm

I have already chatted with Robin about this, and I cannot promise anything yet, but how would you all feel about an offline. I am on staff at Walnut Street Baptist Church on the corner of 3rd and St. Catherine, about 2 blocks from Adam's shop. We have an activities building that has a 6 lane bowling alley ( with old school projection scoring that you write down without the aid of fancy computers :D ) and a skating rink where we could host an offline once Adam gets back up and running. We could all order a bunch of pizza from Adam and then pay him much more than its he would charge. For that matter, if Adam needs money soon we could all get together and get some food from CarlyRae's and donate money to Adam in some other form. It would be at the church, but the sole purpose would be to benefit Adam. I have no ulterior motives here, other than to help a neighbor who is also trying to do good things in this community. Since we are a Baptist church it would be an alcohol free event, but I am sure that shouldn't matter. The only hangup is scheduling, which is why I said I can't promise anything yet. Groups from all over rent our facility and the Cabbage Patch is using part of it while their buildings are being renovated. I thought I would check interest and thought son timing before I went much further. This is just an idea, but I thought it would be a fun family get together all for a really good cause. Any comments, thoughts, or suggestions would be welcome.
Kris
Previous