Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

KY Bison Co 10% Off Sale

no avatar
User

Joel H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:33 am

KY Bison Co 10% Off Sale

by Joel H » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi Everybody,

I thought you all might like to know that Kentucky Bison Company is having a Restock Your Freezer 10% off sale on all retail sales at our office at 603 E. Main Street in Louisville (at the corner of Hancock Street, around the corner from Creation Gardens). The sale runs until Friday, October 10th (that's next Friday), so if you get the chance, please stop by! The 10% off applies to every cut and style of bison meat that we carry, and we carry a huge number of items from tenderloin filets and ribeyes to roasts to our breakfast sausage, burger patties, brats and frankfurters. We're open from 9 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, and we accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards.

And as a disclaimer, Robin kindly gave his approval to post this message.

Best,

Joel H
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: KY Bison Co 10% Off Sale

by Doogy R » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:05 pm

OMG, I am so there. I was planning on making a trip down there early next week anyhow. I have a plan. KY Bison Company, Creation Gardens and DeVino's. This is so totally cool. I love living in the Ville.

For anyone who hasn't been to the KY Bison Company, might I suggest trying the breakfast sausage and the brats. I actually use the sausage to make burgers with. No additional seasoning is necessary. The brats have become my favorite tailgate meat over at PJCS.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

amanda c

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:20 am

by amanda c » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Doogy,
I have heard very good things about using the breakfast sausage for burgers. A regular has been raving about how good his burgers turn out when he combines a half pound of sausage and a half pound of ground, with minced onions and hot green peppers, then cut into four equal squares for patties. I am trying his suggestion this weekend! :)
I look forward to putting your face to your name on the HotBytes forum next time you come in!

-Amanda
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:13 pm

amanda c wrote:Doogy,
I have heard very good things about using the breakfast sausage for burgers. A regular has been raving about how good his burgers turn out when he combines a half pound of sausage and a half pound of ground, with minced onions and hot green peppers, then cut into four equal squares for patties. I am trying his suggestion this weekend! :)
I look forward to putting your face to your name on the HotBytes forum next time you come in!

-Amanda

Hey Amanda, I'll look you up when I come in. I like the sausage just the way it is, but the alternative sounds great as well. I have just about quit eating beef since y'all opened. The beef nowadays just isn't any good anymore. I am talking the mass marketed stuff. The bison's taste is so much richer and deep as well as being lean and tender. Also, I had gotten really fat last year and wanted to lose a lot of weight but didn't want to quit eating meat. KY Bison Company to the rescue. I can eat all the red meat I want and not feel guilty about it. So far, I have lost almost 50 pounds and am within 25 of my goal. I cannot give ALL the credit to bison, but it sure did help.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:02 pm

Doogy,
I also only eat bison anymore. When my kids want a burger that is what they get. We all feel much better for it too.

Way to go on the 50 lbs. Maybe you can become KY Bison Company's Jared.
Will Crawford
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:50 pm

I too, am a big fan of Ky Bison. For steak afficionados who will order even ribeyes mid-rare (I never really got that, but to each his own,) it brings a whole new depth and character in flavor. Even though 'game' meats tend to be a tricky sell in our market (and in most markets across America, save Colorado, NY, Miami, SFran and the like,) bison and osterich are the two that I push hardest, with the convictional statement, 'if you don't like it, I will buy it, personally.'

Unforetunately, I have a freezer full of culotte steaks that I purchased to make jerky, otherwise I'd be first in line. :x

Out of curiosity, are there any differences in the names of the retail cuts of Bison vs. Beef?
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:24 am

I love medium rare. Even rare is ok, as is medium. Anything more, NO.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:32 am

Stephen D wrote:Out of curiosity, are there any differences in the names of the retail cuts of Bison vs. Beef?

Stephen, no they are the same.
Will Crawford