Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Question - Did Kashmir move?

User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Question - Did Kashmir move?

by Leah S » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:36 pm

DH ran into a woman at the grocery this morning who recognized him from us eating there. She said the restaurant had moved and was now on Shelbyville Road near the Mall. He just wasn't totally sure which Indian restaurant she was with. He thinks she said Kashmir, but he's just not certain.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

Re: Question - Did Kashmir move?

by Brian Curl » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:38 pm

Kashmir in the Highlands? I would find that highly unlikely as they seem to be doing very well in the Highlands. Maybe opening another location perhaps?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:48 pm

Leah s wrote:DH ran into a woman at the grocery this morning who recognized him from us eating there. She said the restaurant had moved and was now on Shelbyville Road near the Mall. He just wasn't totally sure which Indian restaurant she was with. He thinks she said Kashmir, but he's just not certain.

I think she's confused about the short-lived Royal India, which was related by family to the Kashmir in Lexington.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:11 pm

No, I'm certain I'm not confused with Royal India. In fact, I was the first to post about them opening with a new menu concept (had some insider info). The woman DH talked to was supposedly an owner. Oh well, he said he was having trouble understanding her accent.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:16 pm

Leah s wrote:No, I'm certain I'm not confused with Royal India. In fact, I was the first to post about them opening with a new menu concept (had some insider info). The woman DH talked to was supposedly an owner. Oh well, he said he was having trouble understanding her accent.

Verrrry interesting! I didn't say YOU were confused about Royal India, though. I thought maybe SHE was. 8)
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

by Clay Cundiff » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:26 pm

It was open on Bardwstoen Road 2 nights ago.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:06 am

Yaknow, upon further dissection of DH's convo with the heavy accented Indian woman, I think she may have been trying to explain the new menu concept to him - with the addition of the American menu. Which of course, all of us here on the Board already knew.

Carry on!
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:05 am

Leah s wrote:Yaknow, upon further dissection of DH's convo with the heavy accented Indian woman, I think she may have been trying to explain the new menu concept to him - with the addition of the American menu. Which of course, all of us here on the Board already knew.

Carry on!

The owner of the new Sage at the former Royal India is Kashmir's cousin
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.