Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Isaac F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:10 am

Windsor Restaurant and Garden

by Isaac F » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:28 pm

Greetings from New Albany!
I checked with Robin Garr yesterday about starting a thread about our restaurant since we're new to the forum. Thanks for the go-ahead, Robin!
So, being new to Hotbytes, just a quick introduction of myself and our establishment. My name is Isaac Fox, and I'm the bar manager for the new Windsor Restaurant and Garden. We're located on the corner of Market and Bank Streets in downtown New Albany, in the location that previously contained the late and much-loved Bistro New Albany. We've done a bit of interior remodeling and have the patio back in full swing as well. We're open for lunch Mon. thru Fri., opening at 10:30. And our new fall dinner menu just premiered about two weeks ago. Dinner is availabe Tues. thru Sat.
Our biggest news at present is the complete transformation of the former Jimmy's Music Shop next door into a beautiful upscale bar and lounge. We're looking have the bar fully open shortly after Harvest Homecoming (updates to come). We'll be featuring fine wines, ten craft and microbrewed beers on tap (including local NABC and BBC), and specialty cocktails and martinis. About a month after opening we'll also be featuring fresh Zabaglione behind the bar. The Bar is the concept of Kasey Swank, one of our proprietors, who's also been putting in hours of hard work on the construction.
Our Executive Chef Justin Mcmillen and Sous Chef Cory Cuff (both graduates of the CIA) are getting ready for Harvest Homecoming and continually producing great meals, incorporating fresh local produce and, of course, Capriole Farms goat cheese into their dishes.
Well, it's back to work now, but we're looking forward to a fun fall; and it's great to be part of the Hotbytes family! Thanks for welcoming us!
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

Re: Windsor Restaurant and Garden

by David Clancy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:28 pm

SWEET!! I'll stop in and check it out tonight Isaac (couldn't last night as I had Sam with me). Congrats on the new project and I know you and the Windsor are gonna be great!-Dave
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:44 pm

Glad to have you here, Issac. I'll stop by when there's time and scope the bar progress.

As for Chef Clancy ... hmmm ...
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Dave H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:41 am

by Dave H » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:05 pm

Isaac, sounds like a recipe for success and can't wait to see the finished product. Market Street in downtown New Albany is on the horizon once again! Stop by Connor's Place or the Fish House for one on me!!! See you soon neighbor,...Dave H.
Dave Himmel...Owner/Connor's Place & Market Street Fish House in downtown New Albany...aka The Codfather.
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:09 pm

... and while I'm at Windsor, I can stop by and see Mr. Himmel's new bar, too, and walk a block to see the River City Winery come together as well. Then there's Studio's, Speakeasy and our own project close by.

Gonna be hard to keep the weight off this winter.
Roger A. Baylor
New Albany, Indiana
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:25 pm

Roger A. Baylor wrote:Glad to have you here, Issac. I'll stop by when there's time and scope the bar progress.

I'm down the street Rog.......
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:28 pm

Is there a press release? I've been out of town.
Roger A. Baylor
New Albany, Indiana
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:30 pm

David Clancy wrote:
Roger A. Baylor wrote:Glad to have you here, Issac. I'll stop by when there's time and scope the bar progress.

I'm down the street Rog.......
Hey, welcome back by the way!
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:00 am

Welcome welcome! Best of luck with your new venture. I know you'll do great because you said the magic words....
goat cheese!
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Sally M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:45 pm

by Sally M » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:22 am

Fresh Zabaglione! This is just great news. I have been a huge fan since discovering it a few years ago at 211 Clover. Zabaglione is just not that easy to find it seems; especially the real stuff!
no avatar
User

Isaac F

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Isaac F » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:56 am

Roger A. Baylor wrote:... and while I'm at Windsor, I can stop by and see Mr. Himmel's new bar, too, and walk a block to see the River City Winery come together as well. Then there's Studio's, Speakeasy and our own project close by.

And, not to forget, Toast on Market will be here soon, too. The Sunny Side is looking brighter!
Best wishes to all.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by carla griffin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:00 pm

My sales manager just came back from lunch at Windsor raving about "...the best tomato-basil soup EVER!"
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Jeff Gillenwater

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:07 pm

by Jeff Gillenwater » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:15 pm

Poked my head in today to check on the Windsor, Connor's, Toast, and the NABC Brewhouse. It was an easy thing to do after lunch at the Fish House since they're all no more than a couple blocks from each other. Smells like sawdust, looks like a better and better place to live.

I've never much cared for the sunny side moniker but it certainly reflects my disposition this afternoon.
no avatar
User

Isaac F

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Isaac F » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:45 pm

carla griffin wrote:My sales manager just came back from lunch at Windsor raving about "...the best tomato-basil soup EVER!"

Good to hear about the tomato basil bisque! (I'm sitting here enjoying some Senate Bean Soup as I write.....)
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by carla griffin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:48 pm

Isaac F wrote:Good to hear about the tomato basil bisque! (I'm sitting here enjoying some Senate Bean Soup as I write.....)

Aww thanks tease! :wink:
Carla
Next