Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Theater Square Deli

User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Theater Square Deli

by carla griffin » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:22 am

I didn't see any notice of it here (perhaps I overlooked it) but Theatre Square Deli closed a couple or weeks ago. The sign on the door said his lease was up and his mother had passed away. I guess everything just happened at once and resulted in the closing.
I hope someone there reads these boards so I can tell them how very much they'll be missed. We loved going by almost every day for fries or egg salad or burgers fresh off his outdoor grill. Not a day goes by that someone in the LEO offices says how we hate it that they're gone. :( :cry:
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Theater Square Deli

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:02 am

carla griffin wrote:I didn't see any notice of it here (perhaps I overlooked it) but Theatre Square Deli closed a couple or weeks ago. The sign on the door said his lease was up and his mother had passed away. I guess everything just happened at once and resulted in the closing.
I hope someone there reads these boards so I can tell them how very much they'll be missed. We loved going by almost every day for fries or egg salad or burgers fresh off his outdoor grill. Not a day goes by that someone in the LEO offices says how we hate it that they're gone. :( :cry:

That's really too bad ... it was a nice place. It does seem to me that, despite the presence of some places with staying power - Cunningham's, BBC, Safier and, of course, LEO :mrgreen: , the stretch of Fourth south of the Seelbach seems to be almost impervious to the city's efforts to gentrify it. :(
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:09 pm

I stand here in the wine shop looking out the window towards the deli...
I thought the place looked closed...
I could always look out the window and tell the time of day.
When they were packed (as they usually were), It's was somewhere between 12:15 and 1pm.

Strange, that there is a 'Help Wanted' sign in the window that i don't remember seeing Thursday when i last worked.

The window decal sign has been started to be scraped off though...

EDIT:

This just in.
A sign just went up in the window that reads 'Coming soon: Yafa Cafe'

There are definitely people inside moving stuff around/renovating.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:39 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:'Coming soon: Yafa Cafe'

Yafa? Jaffa? Israeli or Palestinian? Competition for Safier? Or am I just thinking too hard?