Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Cribstone Pub Closed

User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

Cribstone Pub Closed

by Leann C » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:19 pm

I noticed that the Cribstone Pub on Bardstown Rd. has closed and there's a sign indicating that a new place named "NV" (as in "green with") is opening in the space. Anyone have any scoop?

I also noticed that Lentini's is opening another restaurant in the old Alley Cat's spot (across from Wick's on Bardstown Rd.). I can't recall the name of the new restaurant.
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

Re: Cribstone Pub Closed

by Laura SS » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:19 am

Leann C wrote:I also noticed that Lentini's is opening another restaurant in the old Alley Cat's spot (across from Wick's on Bardstown Rd.). I can't recall the name of the new restaurant.

It's Milano's Cafe by Lentini's, I believe. Don't know anything more than that, though, as I just read the banner while driving by.
User

PaigeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:10 am

New Castle, IN

Cribstone

by PaigeM » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:01 am

Oh, this is bad, bad news. Cribstone was the best place to sit back with a cold beer and tear into a lobster boiled right in front of you on the patio. And the owner was always so nice to us ... I thought it was more like a cookout with family than going to a restaurant. Darn it. I'll have to find another place for our annual spring tradition of lobster at Cribstone. Any suggestions?
"Well, if you don't like butter, just use cream." -Julia Child
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

Cribstone

by Caroline K » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:40 am

Very Sad to see Slick and Effie gone but the new owners are wonderful!!! NV Tavern will be opening soon and they will be on the May 18 Bardstown Bound!