Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Pig City owners split, resulting in move to Highlands?

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:21 am

This is strictly third-hand info, but it's news to me (and good news, I'll add, since Pig City is good but way too far out in the 'burbs to be a regular stop for me).

Anyway, a friend of a friend told her that he stopped in Pig City BBQ out in Middletown recently and was told by a server that the eatery is moving to somewhere on Bardstown Road. According to this story, the owners split up, and one will quit the location in Middletown while the other will open a new spot on Bardstown Road.
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Re: Pig City owners split, resulting in move to Highlands?

by Rob Coffey » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:29 am

:cry:

PC is within walking distance of my home, in fact, its how I usually get there.

The number of indy restaurants in Middletown was already too small.

Edit: Burbs? Its almost downtown Middletown.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:41 am

Rob Coffey wrote:Edit: Burbs? Its almost downtown Middletown.

At this point, it's only a rumor seeking confirmtion, Rob.

As for the 'burbs, if it's outside the Watterson, it's the 'burbs to me. In fact, I'm not even so sure about St. Matthews. 8)
User

Josh A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Paristown Point/Germantown

by Josh A » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Yeah, once you get out past the watterson it becomes a lot harder to justify making it out there since I don't have any family out that end of town anymore. It's a shame because the whole chicken dinner was a great deal. Depending on where on Bardstown Road they open up (if this comes to pass) it could be great for me.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:58 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Rob Coffey wrote:Edit: Burbs? Its almost downtown Middletown.

At this point, it's only a rumor seeking confirmtion, Rob.

As for the 'burbs, if it's outside the Watterson, it's the 'burbs to me. In fact, I'm not even so sure about St. Matthews. 8)

Yeah, it's funny...the line between non-burbs and burbs is very distinct...imho, the 'burbs start east of the Old Sears Building. Car dealerships and Hubbards Lane are definitely burby! And to the south, I would say the burbs start at the Baptist Hospital East area.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:00 pm

Robin Garr wrote:This is strictly third-hand info, but it's news to me (and good news, I'll add, since Pig City is good but way too far out in the 'burbs to be a regular stop for me).

Anyway, a friend of a friend told her that he stopped in Pig City BBQ out in Middletown recently and was told by a server that the eatery is moving to somewhere on Bardstown Road. According to this story, the owners split up, and one will quit the location in Middletown while the other will open a new spot on Bardstown Road.

Robin, did you mean one will keep the location in Middletown instead of quit? I certainly hope so, since we enjoy eating there and don't want to make the trip to the "Big City" (anyplace inside the Waterston) :mrgreen: to eat good Q!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

by Rob_DeLessio » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:04 pm

I have heard from a source, very, VERY close to the situation that this is rumor and not true. He was there today.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:26 pm

Rob_DeLessio wrote:I have heard from a source, very, VERY close to the situation that this is rumor and not true. He was there today.

Does he have the same name as a Texas town?
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:47 am

Mark R. wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:This is strictly third-hand info, but it's news to me (and good news, I'll add, since Pig City is good but way too far out in the 'burbs to be a regular stop for me).

Robin, did you mean one will keep the location in Middletown instead of quit? I certainly hope so, since we enjoy eating there and don't want to make the trip to the "Big City" (anyplace inside the Waterston) :mrgreen: to eat good Q!

Mighty fine Q in Pewee Valley at Jucy's, KenTex in Shelbyville and Big R's in big L, little a LaGrange. The real big cities. :D