Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Eliza W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm

Indian Hills

Bar/Movie/Restaurant in Mellwood Arts Center?

by Eliza W » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:36 pm

I was taking my daughter to her language class, and I saw a sign for a new bar/movie/restaurant in the Mellwood Arts Center. It looked far from completion, but if it's what I think it is, it's exciting. For those of us who can get babysitting once in a very long while, getting all our date nights in at once sounds intriguing.

Does anyone have any information? I'm envisioning some classic 70s cinema, a nice meal, and one (or four) bourbons to round out the evening.
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

Re: Bar/Movie/Restaurant in Mellwood Arts Center?

by Shawn Vest » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:40 pm

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:12 pm

Thanks for the link. Does anybody know when they plan to open? I noticed they have a selection of membership packages which could be neat gifts, beginning at $10.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:29 am

Boy, do I need to keep my eyes open- I was ay Mellwood today and didn't even notice the sign.
I see they will feature wood- oven fired pizza. Perhaps they scooped up Primo's used one. Maybe Willie too.
no avatar
User

Bret Donaldson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:14 am

by Bret Donaldson » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:19 am

It is my understanding that North End Cafe's Owner/Chef Christopher Seckman will be handling the restaurant portion of this. This comes from a blurb I heard on WFPL about it several weeks back. Can anyone confirm/deny?
Bret Donaldson
Owner

Stellar Craft Catering &
Stellar Event Managament
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:45 am

Bret Donaldson wrote:It is my understanding that North End Cafe's Owner/Chef Christopher Seckman will be handling the restaurant portion of this. This comes from a blurb I heard on WFPL about it several weeks back. Can anyone confirm/deny?

I read the same thing in the Leo about a month ago.

http://leoweekly.com/?q=node/6993

Under the Derrick Beasley heading.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Isaac F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:10 am

by Isaac F » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:17 pm

A friend of mine from Oregon was telling me recently about a movie theatre in Portland that featured lounge style seating, cocktails, and dinner with the movie. The description made me want to buy a ticket to Portland just to check it out. If something like that is coming to Louisville, I can't wait! Thanks for the post!
no avatar
User

Laura B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:46 am

Miami, Florida

by Laura B » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:32 pm

GaryF wrote:Boy, do I need to keep my eyes open- I was ay Mellwood today and didn't even notice the sign.
I see they will feature wood- oven fired pizza. Perhaps they scooped up Primo's used one. Maybe Willie too.

I sure hope so. It's just around the corner from where we live and the whole concept sounds like fun!
When in doubt, add more wine.
no avatar
User

Jo Self

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:54 pm

St. Matthews

by Jo Self » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:52 pm

I'm pretty sure you're mentioning the Vanguard Cinema, which I believe, was supposed to open this fall, but who knows what troubles they may be running into... hopefully not the same ones that Bunbury did. http://www.louisvillevanguard.com/ fingers crossed that we see some more construction soon...
Food is our common ground, a universal experience. - James Beard
Event Savant
Bon Vivant Savant Dining & Events Club
http://bonvivantsavant.com
http://www.bvsevents.com