Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New Restaurant in St. Matthews

no avatar
User

LisaWilder

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm

New Restaurant in St. Matthews

by LisaWilder » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:43 pm

I'm looking for a location to open a restaurant in St. Matthews near Shelbyville Road. I've had a booth at the Beargrass Church for the past two years and have acquired a wonderful group of regulars that come for breakfast, pastrami and Bar-B-Que each week. I'm looking for a location to seat about 110 people.
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: New Restaurant in St. Matthews

by David R. Pierce » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:22 am

While Crescent Hill not St. Matthews, the old Sweet Pea/Furlongs site on Frankfort is still available. I read somewhere that BW 3's was moving from Shelbyville/Breck. to the Shelbyville Rd. Plaza.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:51 am

David R. Pierce wrote:I read somewhere that BW 3's was moving from Shelbyville/Breck. to the Shelbyville Rd. Plaza.

I believe the old BW 3's is going to be another Molly Malone's (or at least one of the Irish pubs) that was part of the same announcement as a move of BW's. Is there anything in the building on Frankfurt just down from the split that has turned over so many times (I can't remember the last restaurant that was there). I also know there's some space open in the old Sears building but I'm not sure how appropriate for a restaurant that is. Of course there's also some other new space available in Shelbyville Road plaza but I'm sure there will be expensive.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:32 am

Can't remember which exact Mexican Place it is (Los Aztecas, Sol Aztecas, maybe), but it will be moving into the old Furlong's/Sweet Pea's location...
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:47 pm

Danielle's is still available on Franfort Ave - Listed with Houston Jones

Old Sweet Pea's is a Las Aztecas
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:51 pm

There's also space available in Westport Village. It's actually in Lynden but not far from St Matthews. The only problem may be I'd expect the rent could be a little pricey there.

User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:55 pm

Mark R. wrote:
David R. Pierce wrote:I read somewhere that BW 3's was moving from Shelbyville/Breck. to the Shelbyville Rd. Plaza.

I believe the old BW 3's is going to be another Molly Malone's (or at least one of the Irish pubs) that was part of the same announcement as a move of BW's. Is there anything in the building on Frankfurt just down from the split that has turned over so many times (I can't remember the last restaurant that was there). I also know there's some space open in the old Sears building but I'm not sure how appropriate for a restaurant that is. Of course there's also some other new space available in Shelbyville Road plaza but I'm sure there will be expensive.

Do you have a link or anymore info on the BW3's move?
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Louisville

by Ken Wilson » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:46 pm

What about the old Bazo's space on Wallace, or the Royal Indian (gone, alas) in the Havana Rumba strip mall?
no avatar
User

K H Kramer

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:27 pm

by K H Kramer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:53 pm

How about the Starbucks site in Woodlawn Shopping Center where Kroger is next to Salsaritas. I believe CB Richard Ellis has the listing.
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Ken Wilson wrote:What about the old Bazo's space on Wallace, or the Royal Indian (gone, alas) in the Havana Rumba strip mall?

Whaaa... did I miss the news of their demise (Royal India)? Bummer - I only ate there once, and it was terrible timing (buffet very late afternoon on a Sunday - what was I thinking?). I heard nothing but good things about them, even when I whined about my experience.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:26 pm

Bahama Breeze is still setting empty.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:03 pm

JustinHammond wrote:Bahama Breeze is still setting empty.

But to the best of my knowledge not listed. Anyway that location has got to be very very expensive.

User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:21 am

Jackie R. wrote:
Ken Wilson wrote:What about the old Bazo's space on Wallace, or the Royal Indian (gone, alas) in the Havana Rumba strip mall?

Whaaa... did I miss the news of their demise (Royal India)? Bummer - I only ate there once, and it was terrible timing (buffet very late afternoon on a Sunday - what was I thinking?). I heard nothing but good things about them, even when I whined about my experience.

Royal Indian will be opening soon under new management and new design - The new name is SAGE
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:39 am

Kurt R. wrote:
Jackie R. wrote:

Royal Indian will be opening soon under new management and new design - The new name is SAGE

Whew! That's good news. Cool name, too - who doesn't like sage? The herb and the color. I love herb influenced names: Saffron's, Jasmine, Lemongrass...
no avatar
User

LisaWilder

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm

by LisaWilder » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:23 am

Thanks to all of you for your input. I did get a couple of new location ideas from some of you. I will call on two or three of these locations and let everyone know what I come up with. Thanks again.