Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Steak restaurant

no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:05 am

Never had that problem. i guess i do my homework ahead of time....
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:39 am

robert szappanos wrote:Never had that problem. i guess i do my homework ahead of time....

Well, that's wonderful. I'm glad you have all that time to conduct the research.

In my case (which I don't think is unusual), restaurant-going decisions aren't normally so well planned out -- like I'm in the car with somebody and we say "Where should we eat?" -- no time to ask others or look up info on the web.

In most cases, I can tell from the menu what is healthy and what is not. I'm just saying there are exceptions. And those exceptions have happened at chains.

But I sure am happy you have never run into problems. It's a big relief.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

Al Musinski

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:17 am

Louisville

Creekstone and New albany bistro

by Al Musinski » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:15 pm

Dave, I too loved the creekstone beef. But what did you think about the natural beef that I sampled you two weeks ago ? I think it had the same quality as creekstone but with a much better beef flavor. What did you think?
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

Re: Creekstone and New albany bistro

by David Clancy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:40 pm

Al Musinski wrote:Dave, I too loved the creekstone beef. But what did you think about the natural beef that I sampled you two weeks ago ? I think it had the same quality as creekstone but with a much better beef flavor. What did you think?
Relax Al! Getting some from your dude Tuesday for Derby and yes, it was good too.........
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

by Vince Yustas » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:12 pm

I have been a victim of a kind of "bait and switch" at some chains, where the description of the entree was made to sound healthy, but came out of the kitchen as a high-calorie dish. I've never had this happen at a local.

I haven't been the "victim" of a "bait and switch" in any restaurant, local nor chain. As a matter of fact, as I sit here and ponder, I can't think of an example. Could you tell us of one of your travesties.
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

by Vince Yustas » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:15 pm

Steve Magruder wrote:I have been a victim of a kind of "bait and switch" at some chains, where the description of the entree was made to sound healthy, but came out of the kitchen as a high-calorie dish. I've never had this happen at a local.

I haven't been the "victim" of a "bait and switch" in any restaurant, local nor chain. As a matter of fact, as I sit here and ponder, I can't think of an example. Could you tell us of one of your travesties.
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:36 pm

Vince Yustas wrote:
Steve Magruder wrote:I have been a victim of a kind of "bait and switch" at some chains, where the description of the entree was made to sound healthy, but came out of the kitchen as a high-calorie dish. I've never had this happen at a local.

I've never been mugged. Therefore, muggings never happen. :roll:

It hasn't happened very often, just a few times. Like when you have a dish with chicken and vegetables, and there's nothing that indicates the chicken is breaded and the sauce is thick and sweet.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed May 02, 2007 7:29 am

Charles W. wrote:The best steak I've had in Louisville is at Palermo Viejo, and it is much cheaper than the premium steak houses. For $14-18 you can have the best steak in town, IMHO. Not much more than Tumbleweed or Texas Roadhouse.

You're such an elitist Charles!
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed May 02, 2007 8:57 am

Ron,
Welcome back.
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Wed May 02, 2007 9:07 am

Ron Johnson wrote:
Charles W. wrote:The best steak I've had in Louisville is at Palermo Viejo, and it is much cheaper than the premium steak houses. For $14-18 you can have the best steak in town, IMHO. Not much more than Tumbleweed or Texas Roadhouse.

You're such an elitist Charles!

That I am.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed May 02, 2007 9:10 am

Good to see you back, Ron. Are congratulations in order?
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron Johnson » Wed May 02, 2007 10:17 am

Thanks and thanks for the congratulations.

If you want a wedding cake that looks like a million bucks and is delicious, you really need to call Leah Stewart. Not only was our cake admired by the guests for its appearance, it was devoured in record time.
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm

The Ville

by Chris M » Wed May 02, 2007 10:50 am

Ron Johnson wrote:Thanks and thanks for the congratulations.

If you want a wedding cake that looks like a million bucks and is delicious, you really need to call Leah Stewart. Not only was our cake admired by the guests for its appearance, it was devoured in record time.

Amen Ron. Leah did the cake for our wedding a couple of years ago and it was beautiful and (more important to me) absolutely delicious. We intentionally ordered more cake then we needed and still had none left.

Congrats to you and your new bride.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed May 02, 2007 6:05 pm

Hey thanks guys. Always glad to have happy customers.

Ron, did people actually notice that the cake was a riff from your bride's gown?
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron Johnson » Thu May 03, 2007 12:56 pm

Yes, many did, and lots of people wanted to know how you made that ribbon out of icing without it collapsing.
PreviousNext