Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ loves Adrienne & Co., but the points don't show it

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:40 am

Marty makes his way over to Jeffersonville this week to check out Adrienne & Co., a lunch spot and bakery that recently added an evening menu of simple Italian-American dishes to the mix. He has nothing but praise for Adrienne's food and mood in his 600-word review, as far as I can see, which makes the 2 1/2 star rating seem a bit on the stingy side.

Don't pass on the pasta

Adrienne & Co.
129 W. Court Ave.
Jeffersonville, Ind.
(812) 282-2665.
http://www.adrienneandcompany.com
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: CJ loves Adrienne & Co., but the points don't show it

by Doogy R » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:17 am

Robin, as I read the review I noticed Marty took exception to a couple of things. He stated "(Carryout diners, make sure to confirm your order's accuracy; at least once I arrived home with a meal that didn't match my order)". He also had this to say about one of the appetizers: "it was covered in a pale blanket of melted mozzarella that, frankly, needed several more minutes in the oven to develop color and texture". Is it enough to knock it from 3 to 2 1/2 stars? I don't know, but I didn't write the review. Other than that, it was a totally positive review.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: CJ loves Adrienne & Co., but the points don't show it

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:24 am

Doogy R wrote:Robin, as I read the review I noticed Marty took exception to a couple of things. He stated "(Carryout diners, make sure to confirm your order's accuracy; at least once I arrived home with a meal that didn't match my order)". He also had this to say about one of the appetizers: "it was covered in a pale blanket of melted mozzarella that, frankly, needed several more minutes in the oven to develop color and texture". Is it enough to knock it from 3 to 2 1/2 stars? I don't know, but I didn't write the review. Other than that, it was a totally positive review.

Fair points, Doogy. Thanks for doing the close read!

All that said, when I got to the end of the review and then compared my impression with the 2 1/2 star rating, I was a little surprised. Generally speaking, when I rate an eatery in the 70s ("C" grade or 2 to 2 1/2-star equivalent), I've generally found quite a bit more fault with it than Marty mentions here.