Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Great Local Experiences

User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

Great Local Experiences

by Charles W. » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:10 pm

In the past few weeks:

Took our office group to Charlestown Pizza Company. Not much too look at on the outside,but the pizza was quite good and my colleagues loved the beer-tasting experience. Shawn was offering tastes of all kinds of things. I need to make sure we tipped enough (the beer was on separate tabs).

Been to Havana Rumba three times in the past few weeks. Always a pleasure. What a great place.

Took two officemates to Melillo's for lunch and to Cake Flour for a brownie. They'd never heard of either and loved both. Great to have so many great options close to downtown (even with the untimely demise of Primo).
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

Re: Great Local Experiences

by Shawn Vest » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:01 pm

thanks charles

yeh it was plenty
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Re: Great Local Experiences

by JustinHammond » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:02 pm

Charles W. wrote:Been to Havana Rumba three times in the past few weeks. Always a pleasure. What a great place.

I agree. I visited on Tuesday and had a great meal with live music. Mojitos, margaritas, and sangria are $2 off on Tuedays.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/